cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rhinoflex... Not what it used to be

LoudRam
Explorer
Explorer
I'm looking for a new sewer hose so I'm checking out Rhino. I've always heard they were really good so I'm looking on Amazon to find a deal and I see all these negative reviews. Turns out Rhino changed their fittings. The fittings are now attached to the hose via glue not with the black collar. They are permanently attached and the hoses have been blowing off the fittings. The picture they are using online and the picture on the box show the black collar but inside the box is the new style. I saw that for myself at Walmart tonight

Does anyone have any experience with the new style? Are they that bad?
Todd
Desert Storm Vet (US Navy)
2019 Ram 1500 Classic Quad Cab Express 4X4 5.7 Hemi 3.92
2021 Coachmen Spirit Ultra Lite 2557RB

If you can read this thank a teacher
If you can read this in english thank a vet
32 REPLIES 32

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer
Add up what you'd pay over 10 years or so on cheap stuff.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puttin wrote:
Best hose, period.
Geeze, get serious. $140 for 20 feet of hose. I don't think so.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Considering something like 20% return DEFECTIVE items, that leaves 80% of the **** and cheap products' sales the mfr gets to keep.

Is it right? Nope. Is it honorable? Nope.

Is it profitable? Yep.

Guess which one will prevail....

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
The CW we were in a month ago had lots of the new RinoFlex hoses. The old ones on and under a table near the entrance. I asked if they were closing them out and was assured they were not....but they are featuring the new RinoFlex hoses as the shelves were crammed with them. I have a spare kit but perhaps need to buy another. I suppose the profitability is higher with the new cheaper but higher priced hoses??

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take a look at the TEtford Titan (Looks like they changed the name again) on teh review page linked to above

Notice also a lot of the products on that page are CAMCO.. Wonder who wrote it cause CAMCO is not the best in my not very humble opinion (Drain Masteris. but it is also the most expensive) Im very happy with my Tetford.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Sewer Master if you want the best.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

Ron3rd
Explorer
Explorer
I like the 20 ft. Camco Revolution setup better than the Rhinoflex. What makes it handy is it can be split into two 10 ft hoses if you only need a short hose and not the full 20 ft. Nice heavy duty construction with sturdy connections and elbow. About $29 at WalMart

Camco Revolution 20 ft Hose Kit
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Puttin wrote:
Best hose, period.

Iโ€™d have one, because I have a lot of experience with banjo fittings on the farm, but the dump adapter on the end is permanently attached. Would complicate storage.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have had the Dominator hose for several seasons and very happy with it. I like the accordion action that makes it easy to get into the Valterra sewer hose carrier we have under the TT. Decided on the Dominator after doing research and reading reviews, and then doing the obligatory internet search for the lowest price.

Used to have 4 lengths of the red Valterra EZ-coupler hose and 2 lengths developed pinhole leaks (common in cheaper sewer hoses). The two good remaining hoses are stashed away in the bumper for the occasional time extra length is needed.

Look at the type of material a hose is made from and the thickness. The better hoses are TPE and 23 mil thick. The cheaper hoses made from vinyl just don't last. Rhinoflex is vinyl.

The fittings on some hoses are harder to get on and off, like our Dominator. There are sewer hose wrenches but not available to fit all hoses, like with the Dominator. It is a challenge sometimes to use the fittings and may just make up a wrench or use an oil filter wrench.

A review of the top 10 RV sewer hoses for 2019 is here.

jplante4
Explorer
Explorer
My Rhinoflex lasted 2 years. Greatly disappointed. I'm giving this a try.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
drsteve wrote:
Puttin wrote:
Best hose, period.

At $7 a foot, it better be....

I got a $5 credit, maybe I'll buy a short section.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Puttin wrote:
Best hose, period.

At $7 a foot, it better be....
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

Puttin
Explorer
Explorer

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Seems like they (Camco) have started calling everything Rhino.
I like my Rhino Flex which does not appear to have changed. Only thing I see is the removable elbow which for some make it easier to store especially in bumpers.
Rhino Flex

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

want-a-be
Explorer
Explorer
Try the sewer Solution. Donโ€™t have to worry about ends coming off are weed eaters damaging it. Also can hook up PVC pipe for long runs.