cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roadside Assistance preparation

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I read some where on a forum, and for the life of me can't find it now that I want it, that this RVer prepared a list of pertinent information needed/suggested to have handy prior to calling for roadside assistance. It consisted of vehicle type, size, weight, tire/wheel specs, chassis, and a whole list of things that a service dispatcher would need to know. He kept it on his PC so it was readily available.
Does any one have or suggest such a list?

thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
8 REPLIES 8

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks JohnWayne, that's what I was looking for, or at least a start. I'm trying to gather as much pertinent information as possible without getting carried away.
Much of this I know, but if something were to happen to me and the DW had to call, this could be an issue. But in her defense there's a lot that I don't have readily to mind, so the list helps.
I did manage to go to the manufacturer's site and download the spec sheet with most of the info I think I should have. But I'm always open to suggestions to add to my list. Rather have too much info rather than not enough.

Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

John_Wayne
Explorer II
Explorer II
This may be what you're looking for it was put out by Coach Net and FMCA I think.
Make/Model of Motorhome
Veh. lenght
total vet. weight
Front axle weight
Rear axle weight
distance between front bumper and center of the steering axle
Vehicle Height
Type of suspension
Generator Location
Transmission make and model
transmission type auto or manual
John & Carol Life members
01 31'Sea View single slide, F53 V-10 with 134,000 miles and counting.
2012 Jeep Liberty Smi brake system
Security by Bentley
God Bless

KF6HCH

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't know about other ERS companies, but Coach-Net phone personnel know where you at if you use a cell phone to call them. They are set up to receive your cell phone's GPS coordinates automatically whenever you call them .... a real nice system.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

ThePowells
Explorer
Explorer
What would be nice is that the RA provider provide the customer a vehicle page where can log in and complete information on your vehicles and update it as you wish. I can tell them what tires are on it, I can GPS where I am at (as if I didn't already know), but answering the questions before hand and having that info on file would be a great help. Having a blow out on the side of a freeway during busy traffic is enough of a stressor, but then having to try to provide all if this info to the CSR, AND having SWMBO yelling into your ear and having an attitude would spell disaster, plus if she had an issue with her car there are questions she couldn't answer, and heaven forbid she be driving my truck and have to call. I know with a near infinity of options and combinations, the form could be mostly a "notes" field where the owner can put in as much as they want to. Adding that you have a Lippert full wall slide or auto-leveling system that would help if that was the issue and they could relay that to the service provider so they may find out if they are familiar with that particular system.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Might be helpful if you know where you are located

mgirardo
Explorer
Explorer
The few times we used road side assistance for our RVs (twice for HTT and once for MH), the only question was type, length, state registered, license plate # and vehicle color (that last few are so the Tow Truck driver can find the vehicle). That was AAA, not sure if Good Sam or CoachNet need more info.

It's always good to have that info handy for more than just roadside assistance.

-Michael
Michael Girardo
2017 Jayco Jayflight Bungalow 40BHQS Destination Trailer
2009 Jayco Greyhawk 31FS Class C Motorhome (previously owned)
2006 Rockwood Roo 233 Hybrid Travel Trailer (previously owned)
1995 Jayco Eagle 12KB pop-up (previously owned)

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I called coach net once. They asked me which vehicle I was driving and what was wrong. I can figure that out without a note pad.

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
garmp1 wrote:
I read some where on a forum, and for the life of me can't find it now that I want it, that this RVer prepared a list of pertinent information needed/suggested to have handy prior to calling for roadside assistance. It consisted of vehicle type, size, weight, tire/wheel specs, chassis, and a whole list of things that a service dispatcher would need to know. He kept it on his PC so it was readily available.
Does any one have or suggest such a list?

thanks

IMO - think I know what I am driving at the time, and can adequately describe what "it" is and what the problem is.

However, different strokes for different folks!

YOU could be the "originator" of the "RAP ("Roadside Assistance Prep") Sheet

Don't leave home without it..;)

:C