cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Roof level or inclinded towards front or rear for winter?

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
G'day;

So almost ready to park rv for the winter months in the rain/snow, etc. Until spring 2018; i.e. mid Apr., approx. It is parked on level ground and my only question, for now, is: should I tilt it towards the rear or maybe tip it (roof) slighly down in front?

Your call and thanks in advance for your advise.

p.s. It is not level and I can see water pools around the skylight edges.:E
BOSTON BLK
16 REPLIES 16

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
SoundGuy wrote:
boston blacky wrote:
G'day;

So almost ready to park rv for the winter months in the rain/snow, etc. Until spring 2018; i.e. mid Apr., approx. It is parked on level ground and my only question, for now, is: should I tilt it towards the rear or maybe tip it (roof) slighly down in front?

G'day to you too! :B

Right or wrong, when winter storing our trailer outdoors my own call is to park the trailer tongue down with a breathable ADCO cover over it. Last winter I winter stored indoors and it sure was a lot easier, may do it again this winter as it's one sure way to protect the trailer from harsh winter weather.

My thought is the roof is designed to work level, so park the trailer level.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
boston blacky wrote:
G'day;

G'day to you too! :B

Right or wrong, when winter storing our trailer outdoors my own call is to park the trailer tongue down with a breathable ADCO cover over it. Last winter I winter stored indoors and it sure was a lot easier, may do it again this winter as it's one sure way to protect the trailer from harsh winter weather.
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380