cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rude campers to the extreme

leggy
Explorer
Explorer
So, we are at Lake George RV Park, N.Y. and had group of campers that were loud two nights in a row. First night I told them they should move their fire away from our camper, midnight. Second night, I went out and almost verbatim told them their conversations for the past half hour. Guy says that I should wear earplugs to bed. I then said you are annoying me and my family, so I will do the same. I started my truck and angled the high beams directly into their group.
About then the on duty manager shows up and apologizes to the group for having to respond to a complaint!
Long story short, we moved to a different site today, screwed up our days plans and we weren't in the wrong! Our new site is much tighter, but surrounded by other respectful campers. I never thought I wouldbe forced to move but they left us with no choice. Ok, rant over.
83 REPLIES 83

mikensallyt
Explorer
Explorer
Dammnnnn is all I can say
Retired USN 1996, RMCS(SW/AW)
Traveling solo in my 2015 Thor Challenger since my wife of 25 years went solo to the Lord
Seems like every trip out there's a warranty repair on it afterwards
F/T in two years from now. Last child to graduate first.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I had a group of campers where I am hosting that didn't get adjoining sites and my site was between them vs walking around a corner in the road. Fortunately they left yesterday because they would walk through my site right across my ground mat unless I was outside. So they knew they shouldn't be doing it, but would if they thought I wasn't looking.

Yesterday morning I saw one of them coming carrying two cups of coffee. Now I'm supposed to be nice to campers at all times so I walked out in front of this guy and asked him if I could help him. He wouldn't make eye contact, but said "no". I then asked if he needed any directions since he was walking through my site vs the road. He declined this too as he was still walking - still no eye contact. I then said "well have a nice day". When he came back for more coffee for his remote group he walked around the road.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

obgraham
Explorer
Explorer
I think OP is fortunate that the situation did not escalate to violence or vandalism.

That's what campground managers/hosts are for.

toedtoes
Explorer III
Explorer III
You catch more flies with honey.

The website indicates that there are fire rings at each campsite. Fire rings aren't normally moveable. So, you started with a demand that was impossible for them to comply with.

The second night, you've had enough and shine your high beams on them and every camper behind them.

As the campground staff was quite responsive to complaints, why didn't you simply contact them to deal with the problem instead of escalating it into a War of Rudeness???
1975 American Clipper RV with Dodge 360 (photo in profile)
1998 American Clipper Fold n Roll Folding Trailer
Both born in Morgan Hill, CA to Irv Perch (Daddy of the Aristocrat trailers)

opnspaces
Navigator II
Navigator II
Man you should know better, haven't you seen enough Cops on TV? ;)The guy that throws the first punch will only get in trouble right up until the time that the other guy hits back. Then the cops show up and haul the second guy to jail. :E
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

FlatBroke
Explorer II
Explorer II
Don't let the other posters get you down. Kinda like getting a flag by the refs for throwing a punch after you took one to the jaw. Stuff happens.

Hitch Hiker
"08" 29.5 FKTG LS

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
Your childish behavior was rewarded.
You did not handle this as an adult.
Not to be cruel but you were no better than the other campers and my feeling is your attitude escalated the problem.
BUT that is just my opinion and is in no way an official pronouncement.
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

Toddupton
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of you egging them on it might have been better to call the manager yourself. Pointing your headlights and running your truck most likely annoyed more than just that group. Not saying you were wrong we have all had those types of campers.

nineoaks2004
Explorer
Explorer
Some people have no respect for others privacy. Most of us go out to R&R it in peace and quiet, thankfully most campers are not that way.
By the time you learn the rules of life
You're to old to play the game