cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Running lights

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can anyone think of a good reason to have trailer running lights on from dusk to dawn? Sitting in a state park. No CG lights at all. CG is virtually empty & in the trees so it is very dark. Somebody must be affraid of the dark.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995
40 REPLIES 40

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Minermark wrote:
korbe wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
korbe wrote:
Yep. And maybe feel a bit more safe. You could help them out and explain that they could increase their security by also turning on their scare lights. :B and they could add some dingle-dongle awning lights, and maybe a few pink lighted flamingos out-and-about. and of course the new fad bucket lights.

you got a problem with pink flamingos?
bumpy

:B Uh, well, gosh, come to think of it, no, no I don't. You kind of fond of the little fellows too?

The Large Flamingo from Campworld fits two Lbs of Tannerite just fine.

LOL, that oughta do it!
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Minermark
Explorer
Explorer
korbe wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
korbe wrote:
Yep. And maybe feel a bit more safe. You could help them out and explain that they could increase their security by also turning on their scare lights. :B and they could add some dingle-dongle awning lights, and maybe a few pink lighted flamingos out-and-about. and of course the new fad bucket lights.

you got a problem with pink flamingos?
bumpy

:B Uh, well, gosh, come to think of it, no, no I don't. You kind of fond of the little fellows too?

The Large Flamingo from Campworld fits two Lbs of Tannerite just fine.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/115497253@N02/0X91g9

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Late getting back on this one. I'm thinking the perp might be a RV.Net reader. The next night, after a few nights on, the lights were off.

Kinda silly really. People leave lights on but pull shades so that they cannot see out anyway. Anyone making a late night run on the beer cooler will know this.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
We try our best to avoid camping where I can even see another camper, let alone be annoyed by their lights. But when parking lot style camping is our lot, I still don't care if their lights are on?
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

jake2250
Explorer
Explorer
Uh Oh,, I left the candles burning if four of my Halloween pumpkins!! I was surprised, they burned for three nights and finally went out!! Some on here would have gone nuts about that!!! Kinda crazy,, but my camper came with curtains and mini blinds!! We use them!!

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
BulldawgFan wrote:
This topic....ugh.

No! ... really... It's ALL good stuff! Contrary to my "own" feelings, i really do enjoy reading what everyone else has to say ... good, bad, or indifferent ... it's all good stuff!

BulldawgFan
Explorer
Explorer
This topic....ugh.
2018 Forest River FR3 30DS
2011 GMC Terrain (Toad #1)
1993 Jeep YJ (Toad #2)
1993 EZGO Marathon 48v

bid_time
Nomad
Nomad
DutchmenSport wrote:
ktmrfs wrote:
doxiemom11 wrote:
... their eyes will adjust and they can see just fine.

... But go to the rocky mountains away from light pollution...

It does make a difference if you are in a campground surrounded by other campers 30 feet from your door, or on a mountain without a single sole to be found for 2 square miles!
That may be true for you but that doesn't make it true for everyone else in the world. I have the scars to prove it.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
ktmrfs wrote:
doxiemom11 wrote:
... their eyes will adjust and they can see just fine.

... But go to the rocky mountains away from light pollution...

It does make a difference if you are in a campground surrounded by other campers 30 feet from your door, or on a mountain without a single sole to be found for 2 square miles!

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
doxiemom11 wrote:
They don't know that if they leave the lights off, their eyes will adjust and they can see just fine.

Well, if your in an area with lots of light pollution, yes. But go to the rocky mountains away from light pollution and try walking around on a moonless night sometime without any lights. Even worse under cloud cover.

If you have decent moonlight, another story.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
I turn mine off when I go in for the night. that's anytime between 10pm and 2am.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
They don't know that if they leave the lights off, their eyes will adjust and they can see just fine.

We have seen campers in forest parks with big bright spot lights on. Don't know if they left them on all night as we didn't get up and go check ( not pointed at anyone). We have also see spotlights rigged up next to the frig vent pointing down the side of the RV, supposedly to help keep the frig working better in cold weather, but it lit up the neighborhood in the meantime. We prefer the darkness.

korbe
Explorer
Explorer
Campground = flashlight
RV Park = Plenty of light everywhere.

Calicajun
Explorer
Explorer
Not sure why have running lights on all night. We were at a CG where three very large MHs had lights under their rigs. They said it was to keep animals from getting under the MHs. I don't know if that works or not but it did look pretty cool and being under the MH it didn't bother anyone in the CG.
2014 Heartland Wildness 2775RB, 2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Mega Cab