cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Back Up Cameras

Surgtech94
Explorer
Explorer
Who has a RV back up camera and was it a good purchase? We have some camping friends who always have to get the latest and greatest and keep praising their new RV back up camera. Just curious what everyoneโ€™s thoughts are on these back up cameras. Thank you
7 REPLIES 7

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer
Another source =

Rear View Safety dot com

BTW - a recommended wireless brand/model on forums is "Haloview RD10".

Unfortunately - "out of stock" on Haloview web site, Amazon does not
list that (Haloview) model. Maybe that means it's good????

:@

ronbiel
Explorer
Explorer
Try to contact rvcams.com. They can provide suggestions based on your budget and personal preferences.

Lightning55
Explorer
Explorer
I had one on my last trailer and found that I didn't use it much. The screen is pretty small and the images weren't that clear. I did, however like using it going down the road, I liked seeing what was behind me. It was a Furrion model that was pre-wired for my trailer.

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
Had one for the MH and it was great. Don't recall the name. Have a Voyager for the Airstream. The camera is full of water and is supposed to be waterproof. The camera is rather expensive to only last 3 years.

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer II
Explorer II
philh wrote:

I ended up for the TT buying a cheap camera and monitor from Amazon.

I did this, too - a company called Amtifo had an adapter that fit the pre-wired rear camera "bump" on our trailer*; it's wireless, and gives a clear view of traffic behind us. I liked it so much, that I added a second camera to the back of our truck camper (the monitor can handle 2 channels). I think it might have been a total of $100 for the whole shebang? Easy installation, and nice clear picture.

*the camera bump had two wires in place: one was for backup only; the other was for "always on". I like the always-on, to keep an eye on traffic behind me
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have two cameras mounted high on the back of our motorhome. One is aimed long for the traffic view, and the other is aimed down for the view from the rear bumper back about 20 feet. The dash monitor can be set to turn on the selected camera only when backing up or left on all the time. I prefer having it on all the time while underway with the long view selected, switching to the short view when backing in to a tight spot. I can easily stop within an inch or two of rear obstructions, sometimes freaking out onlookers. ๐Ÿ™‚
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

philh
Explorer II
Explorer II
RV Backup cameras also allow you to see what's behind you while driving down the road. Halo brand has side marker replacement cameras, so they also cover the blindspots. Whatever you do, please stay away from Tadi Brothers "kits". I had a bad experience with them.

I ended up for the TT buying a cheap camera and monitor from Amazon. It worked fine. For the 5er, I will likely end up with two cameras on the back, one being Ford user place, and probably Halo. I don't believe Ford allows the camera to be on full time while driving down the road.