cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Doctor Dies

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know if this is posted on any other threads on this site.
Gary Bunzer, The RV Doctor, passed away from Covid 19.

Truly a sad day for RV owners.
33 REPLIES 33

DallasSteve
Nomad
Nomad
sandblast wrote:
Dallas Steve

You should be ashamed!
By the way the Dr. contributed way more to our lifestyle than you could ever hope for.

I was responding to the post which derided those who don't think the virus is a real problem. Should he be ashamed, too?
2022 JAYCO JAY FLIGHT SLX 8 324BDS
2022 FORD F-250 XL CREW CAB 4X4
All my exes live in Texas, that's why I live in an RV

sandblast
Explorer
Explorer
Dallas Steve

You should be ashamed!
By the way the Dr. contributed way more to our lifestyle than you could ever hope for.

winnietrey
Explorer
Explorer
Mr Steve, The man had a wife, two daughters and grand children. From experience, the pain they are feeling is almost unbearable. You are quite down on the obese, but what say you to genetics, Many people die, not becuase they were fat or lived an unhealthy life, they had poor genetics, they just got dealt a bad hand. My wife of 45 years died 6 months ago, from a massive heart attack, she did not smoke, drink' exercised regularly' was not overweight and took care of herself. In your view would she then not be entitled to treatment?
or how about the disabled, and those born with birth defects, are they disposable?

My hope sir, is you never experience true loss, that you never know the pain it brings. But I can guarntee this, if you do, you will change your tune. And I would guess just have a little bit more empathy

My post is not an argument for or against opening the economy, I can see it from both sides. My own business is down 70% so I get it. What I am saying is these deaths are not just numbers, these are good people with wife's, children and grand kids, I think a little compassion would go a long way on all our parts

Shadow57
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
And to think that some people don't think this is a real problem.
B.O.

He looked to be about 70 with a large gut. If you're in your 70s with a large gut you should be very afraid, but that's not society's fault, is it. If you're in good health it looks like you have better than a 99% chance of NOT dying if you contract the virus and you may not even know you have it. Obesity and diabetes are a REAL problem.

This is the best you could come up with? What a way to contribute to a post about someone who seemed to offer a lot of help and information. Is that the way they do it in TX? Would you care to post a picture so we could judge you? Been to any rallies lately?

What about the 5 year old who had parents who were a police officer and a fire fighter with no health issues? Was she fat and old too? I'm glad TX is opening up parks for you hate for you to be put out. Lick some water fountains while out, I hear it builds immunity.

Prayers for the RV Doctor and all health care workers while I'm at it. Sorry his comment just made me mad.
2017 Forest River Forester 3051S

2014 Ram DRW 3500 Laramie Crew Cab

Boon_Docker
Explorer II
Explorer II
To the Mods.
I think it would be a good plan for you to shut this one down too before some of the clowns from the previous Covid threads start beaking off again.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
2012Coleman wrote:
I have (had) a friend, 41, father of 2, fitness nut. He died last week of this. You are a flaming idiot.
It's not about any single case, it's about your statistical probability to a bad outcome, depending on your age and general health.

I used to hear about people living to 90 and smoking, as if that contradicted the Surgeon General's report. Obesity and diabetes are a real problem.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
DallasSteve wrote:
B.O. Plenty wrote:
And to think that some people don't think this is a real problem.
B.O.

He looked to be about 70 with a large gut. If you're in your 70s with a large gut you should be very afraid, but that's not society's fault, is it. If you're in good health it looks like you have better than a 99% chance of NOT dying if you contract the virus and you may not even know you have it. Obesity and diabetes are a REAL problem.
I have (had) a friend, 41, father of 2, fitness nut. He died last week of this. You are a flaming idiot. You have, according to responses on this thread comparing it to flu, lots of company.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

tenspeedret360
Explorer
Explorer
Rest in Peace, doc...G*d take you in the palm of his hand.....
Kevin
FMCA #F383349
2006 Monaco LaPalma
2015 Hyundai Elantra

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad

rexlion
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like Covid-19 might be the death of this thread!
Mike G.
Liberty is meaningless where the right to utter one's thoughts and opinions has ceased to exist. That, of all rights, is the dread of tyrants. --Frederick Douglass
photo: Yosemite Valley view from Taft Point

noteven
Explorer III
Explorer III
Take it outside children.

Have some Respect for Mr. Bunzerโ€™s memory.

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
azdryheat wrote:
I'm sorry the RV Doctor died, though, I didn't know of him until this thread.

Covid-19 is just another flu, just my opinion. However, I'm not going to cower in my home like it's the global boogy-man, there's plenty of sky-is-falling types for that. Did anyone here know that the 2018-2019 influenza season killed 34,200 people in the USA? Were you hiding in your homes behind a face mask during that time or did you not even know about it?

How about H1N1 Swine Flu in 2009? 60 million cases in the USA, 12,469 deaths. Anybody here wear a face mask back then? Any businesses closed? We were bombarded with social distancing? Any campgrounds close? Was it all over the news? Was President Obama being attacked?

I'm sorry that anyone has died from Covid-19 but there have been just as many people dying every year from the regular flu but that doesn't have people running in a panic. Why is that? Why is this flu bug is being over-hyped by the media?

The last flu killed 35,000 US residents in 12 months. This flu has killed over 30,000 in two months....even with all the precautions that are being taken. Not even close to the same numbers. Spewing **** like you do? That's how this stuff spreads so fast.

tps://www.cdc.gov/flu/about/burden/2018-2019.htmlst.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
bikendan wrote:
Can't we just focus on Gary and his contributions to the RV community and NOT turn this into another frickin argument about the Corona virus..
x2.. thank you.

X3!
Can't count how many times I read his info or watched a video especially
when I was an RV newbie.
Luckily with the internet we have a way that he could pass his vast knowledge down for others to appreciate.

Mike134
Explorer
Explorer
azdryheat wrote:

Covid-19 is just another flu, just my opinion. However, I'm not going to cower in my home like it's the global boogy-man, there's plenty of sky-is-falling types for that. Were you hiding in your homes behind a face mask during that time or did you not even know about it?
How about H1N1 Swine Flu in 2009? 60 million cases in the USA, 12,469 deaths. Anybody here wear a face mask back then? Any businesses closed? We were bombarded with social distancing? Any campgrounds close? Was it all over the news? Was President Obama being attacked?

I'm sorry that anyone has died from Covid-19 but there have been just as many people dying every year from the regular flu but that doesn't have people running in a panic. Why is that? Why is this flu bug is being over-hyped by the media?

Did anyone here know that the 2018-2019 influenza season killed 34,200 people in the USA?
Covid-19 did that in just 6 weeks with social distancing took 18-19 flu 1/2 year living a "normal" lifestyle.

You seem to miss what an effect killing machine Covid-19 is, there's no vaccine, and it's much more contagious.
2019 F150 4X4 1903 payload
2018 Adventurer 21RBS 7700 GVWR.