cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

mrjimboalaska
Explorer
Explorer
For you "speculator" "folk's" out there.....
Where is your "foul" cry on CORN? HOG BELLIES? SOY BEANS? and guess what, gold, silver, platnium.....are traded, while not in the exact same way, in a way VERY similar. >70% of the U.S wnat increased domestic drilling and refining of our OIl.

simple answer really......
DRILL HERE, DRILL NOW, PAY LESS.......

winkyb
Explorer
Explorer
cjoseph wrote:
PopcornJunkie wrote:
Bubby's RV wrote:
Paris' Energy Policy.

I think Paris did a good job with her response. It's funny without being mean. I wonder how many people will write her name in on their ballot.

I'm just writing in "present".

And she had about as good of policy as I have heard from the rest and looks a whole lot better.:W

macira
Explorer
Explorer
For you "supply and demand "folks here's some more fodder:

Thu Aug 07, 2008 at 02:45:34 PM PDT
A recent data revision by the Commodities Futures Trading Commission has revised upward--by nearly 25%--the the total number of oil futures contracts thought to be held by speculators. According to the CFTC, as of July 15, speculators controlled 48% of the crude oil futures markets rather than the 38% they previously reported. The change appears to be the result of the reclassification of a single investor
In reclassifying investments from commercial hedging positions to noncommercial speculative positions, the CFTC has said little about the reasons behind the shift. But the real surprise in the new numbers is that only one investor was reclassified--meaning that it appears that a single investor controlled 460 million barrels in market positions, or fully 10% of the market. CFTC officials are not saying who that single investor is, but the recent fall in oil prices coincides fairly closely with the collapse of SemGroup LP, an energy trader which filed for bankruptcy on July 22 after losing billions in oil futures and derivatives investments

I have read other items that point to the Semgroup Bankruptcy. They lost $2.4 BILLION.

Looks like the market for oil is easily manipulated.
Mac USAF retired
2001 Seaview 32 ft model 8311
Ford f53
2007 HHR
Brake buddy
Falcon2 Towbar

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
If we were always expected to "just accept a lower standard" we would not had the likes of the Wright brothers, Samuel Morse, Edison and others that have made the US what it is. I refuse to believe we have reached the time when we have to "accept a lower standard". Not me! Not in my lifetime!
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
PopcornJunkie wrote:
Bubby's RV wrote:
Paris' Energy Policy.

I think Paris did a good job with her response. It's funny without being mean. I wonder how many people will write her name in on their ballot.

I'm just writing in "present".
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

PopcornJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
coloradodave wrote:
So we need to stop complaining about it, pointing fingers and just suck it up and get used to living a bit lower standard of living.

The average US citizen does have it good compared to most people in other countries and those who lived generations before us in the US. Just wondering how low of a standard of living you think we should just accept before we are allowed to vent?

Jean

PopcornJunkie
Explorer
Explorer
Bubby's RV wrote:
Paris' Energy Policy.

Camping_Hoosier
Explorer
Explorer
coloradodave wrote:
So we need to stop complaining about it, pointing fingers and just suck it up and get used to living a bit lower standard of living!

Wow...

Nope, I'm not ready to do this just yet. I still believe that we can drill our way out of this. Or at least to some lower level. Yea go after the oil, put up a couple more refineries and this will help us bridge the gap. I know... crazy talk! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have fun!

Jeff
2006 Jayco Eagle 314 BHDS
2001 Dodge QC - 5.9L Gas

Bubby_s_RV
Explorer
Explorer
Paris' Energy Policy.
John, Winnebago Minnie 24V

coloradodave
Explorer
Explorer
There are multiple problems with the economy, not just fuel prices. Not a true recession, but a loss of wealth (mostly equity in our homes). With tighter lending standards and no more equity to tap, we all have less $$$ to spend. The economy actually grew last quarter (although not by much, but did not decline). So in reality our standard of living may have declined, and we are probably a bit poorer than we were, and yes it sucks, but thats the facts.

Higher fuel prices are here to stay is my guess (and think of it this way, basically equivalent to a big tax increase). So we need to stop complaining about it, pointing fingers and just suck it up and get used to living a bit lower standard of living! Just be happy that we don't live on many other parts of the world where gas or taxes are even more expensive than here. And btw, last I checked, the #1 oil importer to the US is canada.

And regardless of what any politician says or does, when your $$$ goes up in smoke like the lost equity and paying more for gas, food, etc. the government can't necessarily bring it back or do much about it.

All these bandaid plans do is delay the inevitable in dealing with reality, and ultimately backfire, we either see higher inflation, wasting $$$ or both(how far is our country in debt this year alone)?

just my .02
'04 Coachmen Mirada 300QB
DH & DW
DS & DD
2 dogs

SRT
Explorer
Explorer

winkyb
Explorer
Explorer
DWN wrote:
The Messiah spoke in Michigan today. We must stop our useage of oil. Windmills and solar panels are the answer. Great idea, so simple. Tire inflation and tune-ups too. Madame Pelosi was on Stephy Stephanopolis's show yesterday, embarassing! This is the person in charge of the senate. We are in big trouble.

You think we are in trouble now wait until next election at the way it is going.

rather_be_travl
Explorer
Explorer
THIS IS WORTH WATCHING. IT IS WHAT WE ARE ALL CONCERNED ABOUT AND CONGRESS NEEDS TO GET OFF IT'S DEAD BUTT!
Get Mad for AMERICA!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlfmvwxxgHM
'03 Dodge/HO Cummins 3500
6 speed/3.73 dually/LWB
2000 Snowbird SE 102
'08 Goldwing GL 1800

DWN
Explorer
Explorer
The Messiah spoke in Michigan today. We must stop our useage of oil. Windmills and solar panels are the answer. Great idea, so simple. Tire inflation and tune-ups too. Madame Pelosi was on Stephy Stephanopolis's show yesterday, embarassing! This is the person in charge of the senate. We are in big trouble.

rather_be_travl
Explorer
Explorer
Think America is running out of oil? Think again. Read this report. Congress is on vacation, and doesn't give a hoot about their constituants.
'03 Dodge/HO Cummins 3500
6 speed/3.73 dually/LWB
2000 Snowbird SE 102
'08 Goldwing GL 1800