cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
When I was stationed at Ft Richardson Alaska (April 66-April 68) I paid 44 cents a gallon for premium gas and 19 cents in Kansas May 68 were reg gas was 17 cents a gallon.

ak_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
I almost died of shock!!!!

I drove by my usual fuel station and saw the sign advertising the prices... DIESEL WAS LESS THAN $4.00 A GALLON!!!

Yep - hadn't seen that in way too long. Diesel at Fred Meyers in Fairbanks is currently (11/14/2008)at $3.92 a gallon. Not as low as it is in some other parts of the country but for us it's a miracle!
"There's no such thing as too much tow vehicle!"
Wes, Linda, & kids
Retired firefighter (30 years fighting the dragon!)
Our Website

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
8.1 Van wrote:
There must be alot of poor people in Columbus Ohio.

:S Do you think. With all the thousands out of work?
After a while they will start climbing again, as before.
But, they'll have a logical reason for the increases, as Before.:h

No no, wait, now we may have nuclear reactors in our cars and homes.:E

All you'll need is a lead lined suit when you drive.:R
Lighten up, it's only money.:B

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer

lwmuddy
Explorer
Explorer
Now that you mention it, it does sound strange that for the longest time all the stations were (for the most part) all posting the same prices at the same time.
But now they are all over the place and I too have seen cheaper pricing in poor neighborhoods and also in tiny little, out of the way, towns. You would think that little towns would pay more for deliveries, but I guess not.

These prices can't last forever considering the state of the nation and business.

Maybe they'll try to pay off the Trillions in debts with a $1.00 per gallon "Save the Nation Tax".

I don't think we've seen anything yet.

No one said exactly how much the tax reduction would be on 95% of the people.
There lies the rub.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
ORbiker wrote:
SO
Why are the prices across the US so different?
There is over a $1.00 difference from the low to the high gas prices.
Here in Oregon the price can vary $.50 from one station to another. And Diesel is almost a $1.00 more then gas.
State and Fed. tax in Oregon is $.24

I was a little shocked in MD to learn that wholesalers charge according to affluence, etc. of the area. I can see volume discounts, etc., but I would think that there was some pricing rules/regulations that would require a degree of fairness. It was pointed out that Exxon for example could charge a station on one side of the street much more than one on the other because the zone boundary went down that street.
Generally I am not in favor of govt. regulation, but in that case??
bumpy

ORbiker
Explorer
Explorer
SO
Why are the prices across the US so different?
There is over a $1.00 difference from the low to the high gas prices.
Here in Oregon the price can vary $.50 from one station to another. And Diesel is almost a $1.00 more then gas.
State and Fed. tax in Oregon is $.24
Backpacker and tent camper all my life. Motorcycle trips with a tent too 1978 to Present. 2016 Grand Design 380TH as of 10-29-2015. Now a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude as of 3-16-19. 10-19-18-traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie Crew Cab 4x4 Long Box.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
So, someone one here predicted prices would drop right before the election. Regardless of whether you believe they did for the reasons he gave, they did fall, just as predicted.

He also predicted they would go back up, IIRC. How long after the election was that prediction?

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
RV-1/2n-FUN wrote:
$60.00/barrel? I don't think in my future, but I'm a pessimist, so I will be correct or pleasantly surprised.

So, you (and a lot of the rest of us) are surprised?!?

It is in the $60 per barrel range. ๐Ÿ˜„

8_1_Van
Explorer
Explorer
I see Shell gas as low as $1.65 so if you use a new Shell Mastercard that gives 10% rebate on Shell gas it drops to $1.49 !

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Sigh, gas prices in Duluth are $2.23 and $2.15 at Sam's Club. Hoping the price drops below $2.00 and stays there through next summer.

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Filled up at $1.78 at Sams in North KC today. 25 bucks for 15 gallons can you say road trip!!?
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

cjoseph
Explorer
Explorer
tenbear wrote:
Today I filled up here in Northern Vermont. The price was 2.759 and I had a .40 discount thru the local grocery store program so I paid 2.359. Maybe I should move to VA.
The day after the political campaign and seeing all the political signs on lawns made me think that the price of gas and political signs have something in common. They are quick to go up and slow to come down.

...and they're made of petroleum products!! (most of them)

We call them litter on a stick.
Chuck, Heidi, Jessica & Nicholas
2013 Tiffin Allegro 35QBA

tenbear
Explorer
Explorer
Today I filled up here in Northern Vermont. The price was 2.759 and I had a .40 discount thru the local grocery store program so I paid 2.359. Maybe I should move to VA.
The day after the political campaign and seeing all the political signs on lawns made me think that the price of gas and political signs have something in common. They are quick to go up and slow to come down.
Class C, 2004/5 Four Winds Dutchman Express 28A, Chevy chassis
2010 Subaru Impreza Sedan
Camped in 45 states, 7 Provinces and 1 Territory

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Several places on Rt 10 in Chester Va.(Just South of Richmond)$1.85
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund