cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I recently had my ABS light go on and the code was a "stray" antiknock number. I was using 87 octane at the time, so I don't think that was the problem unless I got some bad gas.

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
I used some of the 85 octane when we were out West and it seemed to run OK. I did it by mistake. I have a Chevy 8.1 l engine. Is this a problem?

If it runs OK then it runs OK.

In our 1992 454 TBI it will run OK on 87 but has more power and better MPG on 93 so since it is free power we burn the highest commonly found octane in the MH.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I used some of the 85 octane when we were out West and it seemed to run OK. I did it by mistake. I have a Chevy 8.1 l engine. Is this a problem?

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Colorado is resisting lowering prices. After all, it's tourist season! 85 octane unleaded about 3.70, 87 octane, which is really regular, is ten or 15 cents more. Diesel about 3.70 to 3.75, or 4.05 or more in some rural areas, with gas about 4.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

MrWizard
paid $3.49 for diesel in Missouri between Joplin and springfield , reg was $3.14
it got higher closer to Saint Louisand here in Southern Ind it is $3.48 for reg gas more for diesel
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
http://www.heatingoil.com/articles/unconventional-oil-reserves/

Not bad info, shows how basd it is to get the tar and other oil not to even mention ther distructtion of the enviroment.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

cekkk
Explorer
Explorer
Permits issued under prior administrations were cancelled by the new administration during first month in office. So time from permitting to production accounts for any increase. it doesn't come from this administrations efforts. Indeed, much, much more oil would be in production had the last three and a half years allowed prior work to continue. What's more, production will lag for years even if we were to open up drilling today.

But don't let any new info into the fog bank betwixt thine ears, it will just go to waste.
'11 Eagle 320RLDS '02 Ford F350 DRW 7.3 PSD
"The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch and do nothing" - Albert Einstein."

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel is finally falling in price locally. Last night in Murray diesel was down to $3.58 and 87 Shell was $3.18 leaving the same old 40 cent spread.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
You have to figure in the time for permitting and exploration which is unfortunately 5 to 10 years. Not too many people are going to fall for the notion that the present administration is fossil fuel friendly, but a nice try though. Oil production on private land is thriving and oil production on public land is withering.

HJGyswyt
Explorer
Explorer
While the rest of the lower 48 states embraces summer, we here in Washington State are stuck in very cold and wet temperatures and the highest fuel prices in the nation. Still above $4.20 a gallon for gas but the crazy thing is diesel is now lower than gas at some stations by just a few pennies. Been a long time since us diesel owners can brag about that. (Diesel TDI Jetta and Silverado Pickup) All the best...Hans

History of Fuel Prices

Above is the clickable link Fezziwig posted a few comments above.
2003 GMC 2500HD CC Longbox SW/2002 Wilcat Bunkhouse 30'
/1987 Western Wildderness 11' Alpine Truck Camper/1971 MacGregor Venture Sailboat

Rig Pictures, click on this link.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Gale_Hawkins
Explorer
Explorer
Filled at $3.25 but had been $3.39 the day before so who knows what it will be at lunch. ๐Ÿ™‚

With China in a slow down their fuel usage demand is expected to decline from one article today.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Two stations are now down to $3.49. The highest price is $3.57. 20 miles to the west prices were $3.45 a week ago. Keep on going down!

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
$3.29 in Opal, vA.

ngreen
Explorer
Explorer
Diesel $3.44 a gallon, in Missouri, Keep it dropping
Somewhere greener, somewhere warmer,Up in the mountains, down by the ocean,Where don't matter long as we're goin'