cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
scottsnider wrote:
Ye, lets not use our oil, I have read we only have 200 years of oil left here in the ground give or take a year. I understand most of ours is sweet crude which is the better oil for making grease and other heavy oil products. Sour oil from the middle east is for gas and not much else. I was looking at gas prices the other day and figured out that between the state and Fed they are making $.78 a gal of gas and they did nothing to get it, refine it and transport it. What a deal! Gas here now at costco is running about $3.71 a gal. or $2.93 before taxes.

where do you think the money comes from to repair and build the roads? Maybe a fairy god mother?
In fact with cars getting more mileage there is far lessmoney for roads, go figure.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

scottsnider
Explorer
Explorer
Ye, lets not use our oil, I have read we only have 200 years of oil left here in the ground give or take a year. I understand most of ours is sweet crude which is the better oil for making grease and other heavy oil products. Sour oil from the middle east is for gas and not much else. I was looking at gas prices the other day and figured out that between the state and Fed they are making $.78 a gal of gas and they did nothing to get it, refine it and transport it. What a deal! Gas here now at costco is running about $3.71 a gal. or $2.93 before taxes.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Well, gas prices now vary from $3.71 to $3.74 to $3.79 up here. A year ago gas prices were about a dollar less a gallon. It's getting damned expensive driving the motor home. That's probably why it has been sitting in its garage since Labor Day.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Well, here it is a week after Labor Day and gas prices are the same $3.84. Any bets on the prices retreating?

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I was looking at the "cone" and it looks like Texas is going to be on the West side of the center which doesn't get as much wind and rain as the East side. I sure hope this gets Texas out of the drought. We have camped all through the refinery areas in LA and TX and I suspect that they will be shut down which will drive up the price of gas. Lots of imported gas is offloaded in the Galveston area which will all have the affect of decreasing supply and increasing prices. The minimum hurricane Irene raised prices about a dime here in Florida.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Dick A wrote:
Fezziwig wrote:
I complained to the moderator (I wonder who he is?)

Make no mistake - I edited the thread and will continue to do so when either political or flaming comments are posted.

Dick A

Ah, "Johnny on the spot", as usual......:B

I'm thinking that gas prices will stay the same or rise if the tropical storm in the gulf continues to stay stationary or move slightly north. But then, Texas could used a bit of rain to put out brush fires.

7_3_psdman
Explorer
Explorer
The price of fuel was supposed to go down after Labor day around alot of tourist areas. I wonder if it will still go down after the hurricane on the east coast? The news said prices were going up because they shut refineries down ahead of the hurricane. Just seems to me that the extra fuel people bought before the hurricane should have taken care of any losses incurred by the oil companies. They shut many staions down when they ran out of fuel before the hurricane even got there. Just seems like it should have all evened out.

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
Fezziwig wrote:
I complained to the moderator (I wonder who he is?)

Make no mistake - I edited the thread and will continue to do so when either political or flaming comments are posted.

Dick A
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
LindsayRichards wrote:
.... Exxon pays about 48% in Federal income taxes ...

I posted a complete refutation of this yesterday and some of you may have seen it before it was CENSORED. I complained to the moderator (I wonder who he is?)

In fact, Valero, Chevron and Exxon paid ZERO US Federal taxes.

Perhaps Iยดll re-post the refutation.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Well, gas prices are now back up to $3.84 a gallon considering that oil prices only went up to about $89 a barrel. Just in time for Labor Day weekend. Wonder when they will run out of storage tank room. :R

Fezziwig
Explorer
Explorer
I'm against drilling more US oil because it is anti-American! It is AGAINST the interests of Americans! Here's why:

1-NATIONAL SECURITY: drilling and depleting (and we WILL soon deplete our reserves) will rob us of needed fuels for our military. The militarys fuel cost is 12% of the entire military budget. We will soon be begging in foreign markets for fuels for our fighters, bombers, tanks, etc. We will need fossil fuels because alternative fuels are unsatisfactory for military needs.

2-It'S a GIFT TO FOREIGN OIL USERS! 80% of ALL oil drilled anywhere goes to foreign countries! Only 20% of the worlds oil supply is used in the USA, and ALL oil goes into the same pot because OIL IS FUNGIBLE! That is the essential fact of the world oil trade: All oil drilled anywhere is available to all buyers in the world markets. It's all the same!

We shouldn't strip our critical National Security supplies for the benefit of foreigners. It's madness.

3-It'S A GIFT TO FOREIGN INVESTORS! 60% of all oil company ownership is foreigners! When we gift oil companies with $53billion in subsidies about $30billion benefits foreign investors by reducing their net investment.

Is that what you want?

4-WE GET OIL CHEAP FROM FOREIGNERS! We, the USA, built the existing oil trading system 70 years ago and we built it to OUR benefit. It's madness to throw that advantage away now. We've been getting cheap oil from foreigners while conserving our own precious reserves. And we continue to get oil cheap from foreigners. There's a tremendous amount of available oil in the world: CHEAP!

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I agree.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
Lindsay, Absolutely no argument there.

However, why are we focusing on Exxon?

The problem is with how oil is sold. It is greatly inflated (you seem to agree) and that is causing the problem. Now, why it is inflated is another story, and becomes too political for these boards, as I understand it.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
I am simply challenging the notion that the sale of oil results in an 8% profit.

Don't think anybody ever said that and there isn't anyway to determine that. Exon doesn't actually sell oil, they sell refined oil products. I have never seen crude oil for sale. I saw it in a museum once out West. I am drinking some iced tea right now out of an oil product made cup and am wearing several pieces of clothes from an oil product. An arab sheik extracts oil from the ground for less than $6/barrel and sells it to America (including Exon for $85 or the going rate) to go into refineries, but the sheik is the one making the big return on investment here not Exon. I want America to be making the big money not the sheik. I think it is a noble goal and wish more Americans agreed. Paying $100 to a sheik when we have it here is incredibility stupid in my opinion.

AO_hitech
Explorer
Explorer
The problem is that we are discussing two different things. I am not discussing the total cause of the price of oil/gas. I am simply challenging the notion that the sale of oil results in an 8% profit. Other than my last post, that is ALL I am discussing.

Now, in the last one I did suggest that the "Oil Companies" have hidden profits. I have not studied their books enough to be positive of that, but I strongly believe it. Much the same as a non-profit company I know of that makes a profit and hides it. But, I shouldn't have brought that up as it was outside the discussion. My apologies for that.