cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Fuel Issues & Prices - Post 'Em Here!

Dick_A
Explorer
Explorer
All other fuel threads will be automatically deleted. ๐Ÿ™‚
2009 Tiffin 43QBP Allegro Bus
RoadMaster Sterling Tow Bar
US Gear UTB
Ford Explorer Sport Toad
WA7MXP
"Pisqually" the attack kitty :B
4,897 REPLIES 4,897

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Greydog 1 wrote:
The raping of America at the pumps. $5.00gas coming?
I saw some $4.79 in central CA last week looking out the train window.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
Does the tribal station have to pay the 60 cents federal tax. I know in Florida they do not have to pay it on tobacco and sell it cheaper?

Greydog_1
Explorer
Explorer
The raping of America at the pumps. $5.00gas coming?

frankdamp
Explorer
Explorer
It's $3.80 at the Safeway in Anacortes and $3.75 at the tribal Chevron. I got a real shock, driving on Whidbey Island Saturday, to see several major brands in the $4.15 to $4.25 range.
Frank Damp, DW - Eileen, pet - female Labrador (10 yrs old), location Anacortes, WA, retired RVers (since Dec 2014)

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to blame it on you. I thought it was my fault as my wife is recovering from her total knee replacement and we are doing some RV trip planning.

Desert_Captain
Explorer III
Explorer III
You can probably blame the recent and likely to continue increases on me. We are leaving in a couple of days for a 7,500 mile 2 month cross country trip and naturally the price of fuel is cranking up in anticipation of me and my wallet spending a lot more time at the pumps. :S

Regular has jumped up to $3.35 here in Tucson and I expect higher than that for most of the trip. :E

Crabbypatty
Explorer
Explorer
Fuel is Fuel and there isnt anything you can do about it except hunt for th elowest price or not drive. Not driving is not rving and seeing this great country of ours. I went to DIsney from NY when it was $4.25+ a gallon. Never looked at the pump but had to swipe my card 2X as it cut off at a hundred. Best trip we had and getting to and fro was just part of the cost. So we tow our second homes or first homes to the open road. Moving tons means cost. It is what it is and prices wont stop me from going somewhere
John, Lisa & Tara:B:C:)
2015 F250 4x4 6.2L 6 spd 3.73s, CC Short Bed, Pullrite Slide 2700, 648 Wts Solar, 4 T-125s, 2000 Watt Xantrax Inverter, Trimetric 2030 Meter, LED Lights, Hawkings Smart Repeater, Wilson Extreme Cellular Repeater, Beer, Ribs, Smoker

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the local gas stations have climbed on the $3.49 "bandwagon." So there is hope that prices will continue to moderate.

tomman58
Explorer
Explorer
copied from the Freep

The average fuel economy of new vehicles sold in the U.S. last month was 25.4 miles per gallon โ€” an increase of 5.3 mpg since October 2007. The uptick reflects a combination of consumer demand and an increase in fuel efficiency among light-duty vehicles produced by automakers, said Brandon Schoettle, project manager at the University of Michigan Transportation Research Institute (UMTRI). Meanwhile, the latest data from the UMTRI Eco-Driving Index estimates a 20% reduction in greenhouse gas emissions for the average driver who purchased a new vehicle in January 2014 compared to October 2007.

Bottom line if you don't like what it is costing for gas go get a new car.
The Diesel trucks, not so much. I am waiting for my 2015 2500HD GMC Dmax loaded at 62,500. (sticker) happy, but don't think the increase in MPG will offset the cost of the truck, LOL
Oh yeah I'll have the current truck that looks like new basically a south of the salt one for sale in mid June for about 26,000.
2015 GMC D/A, CC 4x4/ Z71 ,3.73,IBC SLT+
2018 Jayco 338RETS
2 Trek bikes
Honda EU2000i
It must be time to go, the suns out and I've got a full tank of diesel!
We have a granite fireplace hearth! Love to be a little different.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Greydog 1 wrote:
Glad to hear SRT state inching prices down. In my area its up by leaps and greed. Just last week it was increased 8 cents. This week we already see 3 cents. Cheapest seen is 3.75. Some further areas are up to 3.67. Must be some great summer additives to get prices to continue much higher than winter. We have to love those summer additives.

Yes, they are pleased to ratchet up the gasoline prices "by leaps and bounds". But they maximize their short term profits at our expense :R.

Most of the local stations are now at $3.49.

Greydog_1
Explorer
Explorer
Glad to hear SRT state inching prices down. In my area its up by leaps and greed. Just last week it was increased 8 cents. This week we already see 3 cents. Cheapest seen is 3.75. Some further areas are up to 3.67. Must be some great summer additives to get prices to continue much higher than winter. We have to love those summer additives.

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gasoline prices have "inched down" to $3.49 at many stations. Extracting maximum profits as they can. Diesel is below $4.00 a gallon - $3.99. But oil is still above $100 a barrel.

Mfreyder
Explorer
Explorer
What are we paying for LP this week in LA TX or MS?

SRT
Explorer
Explorer
Gasoline prices continue inch downwards. Many stations are down to $3.53 from $3.56. But there seems to be a feeling out there that we may see $4.00 gasoline this summer.

LindsayRichards
Explorer
Explorer
The link below leads to a graph of gasoline prices. You can adjust the time period yourself.

Click here