cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Insurance for my new Keystone Bullet Travel Trailer

busterbrown73
Explorer
Explorer
I'm taking delivery of my Keystone Bullet 308BHS in a few weeks and was shopping for RV insurance. My primary insurer is Geico and I just called for a quote. I couldn't believe what they quoted me. Almost $1250 every 6 months? Seriously???? I just did an online quote with Good Sam. Yearly quote was $219. Ok. Am I missing something? My driving record is squeaky clean. I'm at a loss for words with Geico's quote. Anyone have recommendations for a good RV insurer?
19 REPLIES 19

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have National General...used to be GMAC. About $57 for 6 months while in storage and double that for 6 months while it is on the road. Filed one claim when my old trailer was broken into....they were great.

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Attach it to current vehicle ins. policy.....

EXACTLY! I pay $227 every 6 mo for up to 100K coverage on our 16 MobileSuites.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
with our trailer, when hooked up and being towed is covered for liability, property damage etc. under the TV policy. All the trailer needed was collision and liability etc. when parked.

depending on deductible, like cars, insurance rates can vary. I pay like $109/yr on my outback with a $1000 deductible.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
I full time and use Miller Insurance Agency out of Oregon. They set me up with National Interstate for both my truck and my fiver. Miller is RV friendly, especially for fulltimers.

mikebte
Explorer
Explorer
I used progressive, Most all insurance company's will pass it on to progressive any how.
I live in Oklahoma with lots of hail and bad weather. Mine is $300 a year.
I called a lot of insurance company's AAA, Farmers, USAA. Progressive won.

2011 Bullet Premier

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
I went with my auto insurer to avoid any conflicts as to when it is connected to the tow vehicle or not. I thought it was very reasonable. Just a few hundred per year.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
We have Farmer's for our house, car, motorcycle, truck and toy hauler. We pay $360 a year for the trailer.

Just cancelled Farmers today.

6 month policies.........and every renewal it has gone up $20-30 for past 2 yrs.
Last OCT renewal I asked agent WHY.....no accidents, no violations, no parking tickets, no claims, no changes in coverage etc.
He couldn't explain WHY but stated "Cancel policy and then apply for coverage and I can get up new member rate"

Well I didn't do anything at that time except start checking around for coverage. Got the new renewal for APR and it had increased another $26

SO pulled out other quotes went back on-line and verified quotes were still valid.
Signed up/purchased new coverage (same/same) with Hartford today and sent Farmers Agent a cancellation good bye e-mail (Hartford for 12 month was less than Farmers 6 month and was identical coverage etc)

I dislike Insurance but it is 'needed'
I hate when Insurances play games with premiums especially when no claims, no violations, no changes except everything insured is a year older.

I will no longer stay with any Insurance company just out of 'loyalty'
HA! Show me the money-----as in hold the premiums/decrease them or at least have a reasonable excuse for increase. HA!
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

bfast54
Explorer
Explorer
I went with FLO---this time .
My old trailer I was with foremost insurance and I was not real happy with it.

I called and asked for FLO( of course she wasn't available ) but talk to an agent and they got me very very good coverage for I think it was like $230 or something for an entire year I've been very pleased
2000 Ford SuperDuty F-350 Powerstroke,Dually.C.C.,.The Tow Monster
2005 Open Road 357RLDS
Prodigy Brake Controller:B
Honda EU3000is Generator
Raytek ,,Garmin 7735/GPS
Doran Mfg-RV360-TPMS
B&W/Companion

Rally's attended so far-21

My Blog
Good Sam Member

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
fitznj wrote:
I'm paying < $150/year with State Farm for a 27ft TT

similar state farm, $109/yr for our 35ft outback.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

Got_Dirt_
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Progressive - Ask for Flo. She has that name-your-price thingy.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
We have Farmer's for our house, car, motorcycle, truck and toy hauler. We pay $360 a year for the trailer.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

jrobert01
Explorer
Explorer
Try Nationwide I get a good rate better than good sams American General.

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
You didn't say what type insurance they were quoting.
I am guessing that it might be full coverage including hurricane loss

jack L
Jack & Nanci

lawnspecialties
Explorer
Explorer
I'm with Gilbert RV Insurance which uses Allied (part of Nationwide).

Our Vengeance is insured at right around $70,000. Costs me just under $600/year.