cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Park Reviews

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to RV Reviews. Their new format is not nearly as user friendly. Betsy.
Betsy
34 REPLIES 34

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deb and Ed M wrote:
a campground that had been taken over by a cannabis-supporting group

Would you mind posting up the name? Sounds like a fun place to twist up a Scooby snack while enjoying the fire and a few beverages.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

TxTiger
Explorer
Explorer
I've been registered and used RVPR for 10 years but haven't used it much over the last several years. I've noticed recently I often get an email from them requesting I get more involved by giving more reviews and include pictures. I know taking the time to write reviews and taking pictures of RV parks would be nice for other RV'ers, but I think RVPR's motive is more to boost the sites content for commercial reasons. The more content and traffic a website has the more valuable it is from an advertising revenue perspective. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
2000 F250, 7.3 PSD, 6 speed manual, CC, SB
2013 Northstar TC800

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
Social Knowledge upgraded RVPR a few years ago in part because the software it was running on was no longer supported and had significant security issues. My take on any major site change is to decide if it had been like this when I first found the site, would I still use it. RVPR has worked fine for me, both before and after the upgrade...
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

allen8106
Explorer
Explorer
Dance Chick wrote:
mockturtle wrote:
Since I have Ad-block Plus on my Firefox I don't see any ads and it looks the same to me.

Same here. Just used it the other day. Didn't notice anything different.

There hasn't been any recent changes. They changed it a couple years back and I agree, it's not nearly as good as it once was.
2010 Eagle Super Lite 315RLDS
2018 GMC Sierra 3500HD 6.6L Duramax

2010 Nights 45
2011 Nights 70
2012 Nights 144
2013 Nights 46
2014 Nights 49
2015 Nights 57
2016 Nights 73
2017 Nights 40
2018 Nights 56
2019 Nights 76
2020 Nights 68

Deb_and_Ed_M
Explorer
Explorer
myredracer wrote:

I posted a very deserved detailed review of a really bad CG we used to use because we had a membership. Never got posted because it turns out you have to have posted one review first. Never bothered after that.

I'm a long-time user/poster, but they wouldn't post my one negative review about a campground that had been taken over by a cannabis-supporting group (our stay there was "interesting" - but certainly not family-friendly. And needless to say, any semblance of "maintenance" had gone up in a cloud of smoke....LOL!)

I DO appreciate RVParkReviews for the comments, to learn of things like nearby railroad tracks, for example.
Ed, Deb, and 2 dogs
Looking for a small Class C!

caver
Nomad
Nomad
mittshel wrote:
Caver - Thanks for the Google Maps tip. I like it. Betsy.

You're welcome. I've gotten tips from folks on this site over the years and try to pay it back when I can.

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we look at the preponderence of reviews. thereโ€™s always someone hacked off about something.
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Caver - Thanks for the Google Maps tip. I like it. Betsy.
Betsy

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
I did try it again and, not so bad. I am gonna try the Google Maps tip. Thanks everyone for the help. Betsy.
Betsy

JAC1982
Explorer
Explorer
I dunno, I sometimes can appreciate the negative reviews, especially in an area I've never been to. I like knowing that a train will blow it's horn in the middle of the night nearby, or that there's a lot of mosquitos. Not saying they should ding the campground for that, but at least it's info that's good to know if you care about something like that. That's why I never look at "ratings", but just read the content and disregard the silly complaints or comments about stuff I don't care about (like playground equipment or bathroom facilities).
2020 Keystone Montana High Country 294RL
2017 Ford F350 DRW King Ranch
2021 Ford F350 SRW Lariat Tremor

caver
Nomad
Nomad
Years ago used the site a few times to post reviews and see if a place might be were I want to stay. Anymore I prefer public land boondocking and just use RV parks when it's time to do laundry and I need some (hopefully)usable wifi. A few years ago while on vacation I found a small town laundromat that had great wifi. With RV parks it's sometimes a battle get a machine if the place is busy. back to the subject.....yes the reviews are funny. "The roads were dusty" "the owner said something bad about my momma". The easier option for me is zoom into an area on Google Maps and type in rv park. Select the one you want to check out and read their reviews. I just looked at some park I've stayed at before and google had about twice as many reviews as rvparkreviews.

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
mittshel wrote:
Wow! Lots of opinions on this one. I have had such good luck with RVPR. I click on the state then go to the city. I'll say it again I just don't like it now. Time to try a new one. Betsy.

The first screen that appears you can click on the state and then the city. Aren't you getting that now? I just tried it. It's there.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

mittshel
Explorer
Explorer
Wow! Lots of opinions on this one. I have had such good luck with RVPR. I click on the state then go to the city. I'll say it again I just don't like it now. Time to try a new one. Betsy.
Betsy

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have no issues other than I feel guilty that I don't review more often.
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!