cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV private camp memberships ?

Mbrown
Explorer
Explorer
Just got introduced to the world of RV Memberships(AOR,WH,ROD,C2C) and what a complex and interesting subject it is.I'm very suprised not to see more references to it on this forum.
You have the Elitists and Entitled pitted against young families (with KIDS ), partiers,and newbies.
Anyhow I'm finding it difficult to filter through all these different memberships because the park we really like and is close by is private which I was unaware of until a Membership rep showed up.
(they allow public camping because membership is down, I guess)
So what memberships do you like or belong to, and which ones should I steer clear of ?
26 REPLIES 26

2012Coleman
Explorer II
Explorer II
DutchmenSport wrote:
In my opinion, stay clear of all of them! Once they get you on the hook, you'll find it a very expensive endeavor. Unless you RV full time, you're probably much better being a "free spirit" and just enjoy your "visitor" status. For the price you spend on membership, you can do a LOT of camping elsewhere! That's my opinion.
X2. Menmberships are down because folks know better. Don't be constricted to where you camp based on where your "membership" lets you camp - who wants to do that?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Mbrown wrote:
Just what I needed to hear, before I talk to this Rep during my 4 free nights ๐Ÿ™‚
That is why this forum is the Best....Thanks

IF you go on a promotional tour/presentation there is a good chance that you will be 'prohibited' from buying a membership to that park/program via Resale for 1 to 2 yrs.

Don't know that this is a fact......no personal experience but have read reports of folks not having their resale membership honored due to that time restriction.

So before you go on that free camping trip might want to do more research into the membership and resale membership restrictions.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
I have memberships in two different RV parks in the San Diego area. It would be interesting to know which one you are referring to, I might be able to help. One I can't recommend.
send a PM.
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog

Mbrown
Explorer
Explorer
Just what I needed to hear, before I talk to this Rep during my 4 free nights ๐Ÿ™‚
That is why this forum is the Best....Thanks

Old-Biscuit wrote:
Campground memberships........

Buy RESALE ONLY
Use it frequently to get your monies worth

Weekenders/vacationers........not a good investment

Full Timers.......can be beneficial provided you do the first 2 things!

C2C, AOR, ROD, RPI etc. are affiliate camping programs hat require a 'home park'. You have to buy into home park and then you can joy/use the affiliate programs . They require yearly dues.

We FT'd for 7 yrs. and used C2C......but we bought resale (cheap) and used the C2C a lot during our travels...in addition to COE Cgs, city parks, fairgrounds and boondocking.

Buy resale and use it...otherwise big waste on $$

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Campground memberships........

Buy RESALE ONLY
Use it frequently to get your monies worth

Weekenders/vacationers........not a good investment

Full Timers.......can be beneficial provided you do the first 2 things!

C2C, AOR, ROD, RPI etc. are affiliate camping programs hat require a 'home park'. You have to buy into home park and then you can joy/use the affiliate programs . They require yearly dues.

We FT'd for 7 yrs. and used C2C......but we bought resale (cheap) and used the C2C a lot during our travels...in addition to COE Cgs, city parks, fairgrounds and boondocking.

Buy resale and use it...otherwise big waste on $$
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Ii'm just wondering who the elitists and entitled are. I know who the partiers are. ๐Ÿ™‚
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

HappyKayakers
Explorer
Explorer
rk911 wrote:
Mbrown wrote:
Just got introduced to the world of RV Memberships(AOR,WH,ROD,C2C) and what a complex and interesting subject it is.I'm very suprised not to see more references to it on this forum.
You have the Elitists and Entitled pitted against young families (with KIDS ), partiers,and newbies.
Anyhow I'm finding it difficult to filter through all these different memberships because the park we really like and is close by is private which I was unaware of until a Membership rep showed up.
So what memberships do you like or belong to, and which ones should I steer clear of ?

elitists? entitled?? to whom are you referring...or more like lumping together?

I notice nobody is disputing 'partiers' :B
Joe, Mary and Dakota, the wacko cat
Fulltiming since 2006
2006 Dodge 3500 QC CTD SRW Jacobs Exhaust brake
2017 Open Range 3X388RKS, side porch

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
Mbrown wrote:

elitists? entitled?? to whom are you referring...or more like lumping together?
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle

Mbrown
Explorer
Explorer
So glad to hear that !
DutchmenSport wrote:
In my opinion, stay clear of all of them! Once they get you on the hook, you'll find it a very expensive endeavor. Unless you RV full time, you're probably much better being a "free spirit" and just enjoy your "visitor" status. For the price you spend on membership, you can do a LOT of camping elsewhere! That's my opinion.

Mbrown
Explorer
Explorer
Well lets just say we got some looks and heard comments about letting the "Public' in to their campground,and had a feeling of discrimination because we didn't have a 2014 46ft class A pusher, also read many of the membership forum websites.
lanerd wrote:
Mbrown wrote:

???:h Not sure what you mean about the above statement especially the Elitists and Entitled part.

We only have Good Sam. If we travel alot, we will invest in Passport America. We have good friends who belong to Thousand Trails and use it or the Elks exclusively.

It all depends upon how much you travel

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mbrown wrote:

???:h Not sure what you mean about the above statement especially the Elitists and Entitled part.

We only have Good Sam. If we travel alot, we will invest in Passport America. We have good friends who belong to Thousand Trails and use it or the Elks exclusively.

It all depends upon how much you travel
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer