Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Sales of RVs are slipping: news
20 REPLIES 20

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Fine with me. Maybe the quality of the product will improve...maybe. I think it has more to do with people coming to the realization that they might as well keep what they have (after they get the issues fixed), than buy another and have to go through that ordeal all over again. Where I'm at with mine. Every issue addressed (mostly by me because I'm handy) and now it's time to enjoy my issue free RV. Besides, I like to keep them at least 10 years. I keep mine inside when not in use. My last one still smelled new when I sold it at 10 years and got top buck for it too.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

RGar974417
Explorer
Explorer
The beginning of the article is full of negativity. But if you read on, RV sales are still at record highs and,one reason for less shipments is because they built too many the previous year. Yes, we could be heading for a downturn.After all, we have had an economy that took off slowly and then really heated up the past 3 years. Still,consumer spending is still strong,unemployment low and wages are up. All good signs.

TurnThePage
Explorer
Explorer
On the good side, the break neck pace of RV construction should slow down, and the riffraff should get laid off, resulting in hopefully slightly better built units, perhaps at somewhat lower prices.
2015 Ram 1500
2022 Grand Design Imagine XLS 22RBE

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
People get nervous about the economy and stock market bouncing around and they stop buying. For a while. Happens regularly.
Volatile political climate doesnโ€™t help.

smarty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Those in the market for an RV will see awesome deals right after the new year

vermilye
Explorer
Explorer
Lynnmor wrote:
Sales of RVs are slipping: news
More room in the campgrounds for the rest of us?