cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV Shows

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Went to the KC RV show on Saturday. Think I heard was this was the biggest ever. Compared to last year's couldn't tell much difference. There were more Class A's and Class C's than previous. Actually had some diesel pushers, Newmar's really stood out to us. Could never afford one though!

Was really disappointed on the models they choose to display. They only had the Winnebago Brave not the slightly better 27 or 31C. Wasn't impressed with the Class A's sport utilities -Forest River FR3- like I thought I would be. They all pretty much had the same floor plans with the kitchen one side and the dinette/sofa on the other. Super C's were neat but with the size of over cab almost need a window up front since you can't see out the front windows due to the cab and RV difference.

The pluses bigger windows! Alot of the Class C's especially had taller and longer windows. More had the one piece front cap. A few had lighter brown that had a look of fake leather.. ehh jury's out on that one. Did get some good idea's for ours at least.

The con's.. white interiors! Who in the world would want a white sofa and chairs! I guess there may be some. I couldn't find in between quality.. either high quality like Newmar or low quality like in ours. Guess that's all there may be. There almost should be standard on the utility hook ups.. on one the water connection you'd need a step ladder to hook up! Think it was the FR3.

Just my opinions nothing more. The only good thing from it is the DW really wants to dump the house buy something bigger and hit the road. And since her mind is made up you know how that goes! Won't go to 2016's RV show.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)
6 REPLIES 6

tsetsaf
Explorer III
Explorer III
We hit the Tampa Show and found that nearly all the rigs were really nice inside. Price just comes down to build quality and materials. Also not sure if any of you attended the show but I found this coverage to be a fun and brief glimpse of the show: http://www.campgroundviews.com/tampa

The Day 4 toys coverage was great. I now have my eye on those golf clubs... very cool.

One of the newer brands that caught our eye was Luxe (http://augusta-rv.com/luxe/) Very nice features and interior. A residential stove with a water spigot right there. Literally had all the bells and whistles
2006 Ram 3500
2014 Open Range
"I don't trust my own advise!"

johnnyrv
Explorer
Explorer
We prefer light colored interiors, not white though, to the dark colors that make you feel like a raccoon living in a log.

joanne0012
Explorer
Explorer
Crowe wrote:
โ€ฆ the smaller RVs like the Navion and one of the Pleasure-Way vans (don't remember which one) caught our attention...

I had specifically e-mailed Flagg to see if they planned to bring a Class B to the Boston show, and was very disappointed to find that the Pleasureway (FL model) was stuck literally in a corner, backed against a wall and right next to the presentation stage so only 2 sides were accessible. Plus, their rep and I had trouble understanding each other.

It's not just white upholstery that suffers at shows. The only other B I found was an Airstream Interstate, which had been broken in two places by visitors the previous day (kitchen counter extension and the support for the back of the sofa).
Joanne

ericsmith32
Explorer
Explorer
Not based on just watching those coming and going from the Brave. Looked and felt like my reaction! Those Class B's are neat.. to small though even for just DW and I. The backwoods are a big place they never find my body. Yeah I know my kids loved checking out the RV's although I made sure they didn't walk on the furniture. Still just crawling made them dirty.

Have a feeling we'll be keeping ours until something takes it from us, or in 16 years when I throw the oldest DS the keys and see if he wants to do a roadtrip before deciding what we wants to do. Guess I'm capable of doing modifications myself and cheaply where others don't have the option.
2005 Jayco Escapade 28ZSLP (3500 Chevy chassis)

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We went to the show in Sevierville TN last weekend and I also was not impressed with the offerings this year. The biggest thing that was prominent were the retro units, still not impressed. I like what I have now. I'm keeping it.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
They only had the Winnebago Brave not the slightly better 27 or 31C.

And someone else would probably say just the Brave was better. We aren't in the market but went to the Boston show yesterday anyway. We like keeping up on the changes and still haven't decided on a cabin or an RV. Amazingly enough, the smaller RVs like the Navion and one of the Pleasure-Way vans (don't remember which one) caught our attention. Something that small will have to wait until it's just the two of us.

The con's.. white interiors! Who in the world would want a white sofa and chairs!

People without kids and dogs, I think! Keep in mind that's what they chose to show. I'm sure there are multiple options for colors. My question is why would you bring something in white to a show!

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]