cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Samsung Fridge Not Cooling? Freezer Works Fine..

Only_True_Mosno
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 2018 Montana 3721RL with a Samsung Residential Fridge. It is no longer cooling? The ice maker has never worked. The freezer works fine.

I have been connected to shore power for the past 3 months. I have insured all buttons inside the fridge are correct. Here is what Iโ€™ve done thus far with no results..

Turned off breaker and then turned it back on: No results
Unplugged inverter in basement and plugged back in : No Results
Tried to power off with freezer/power freezer : Wouldnโ€™t turn off

The freezer is working fine which seems odd that it would work but fridge wonโ€™t.

In any event I am 2 hours from CW and donโ€™t want to take it back there for service due to reputation of not repairing things correctly. Service Dept has bad reputation.

Thoughts? Also can a regular refrigeration repair guy get to it, even if I have to pay vs warranty? Thanks for any suggestions.
2018 Montana 3721RL

2018 Ford F350 Diesel

Life Comes Down to a Simple Choice...Get Busy Living or Get Busy Dying...
9 REPLIES 9

prichardson
Explorer
Explorer
An appliance repair service that services Samsung appliances would be your best option. Normally appliance warranties are supported by the appliance manufacturer rather than the RV manufacturer or dealer.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Similar problem, different fridge.

Our fridge started the same problem a year ago. Turns out the drainage hose was clogged and holding back water that would overflow and freeze, stopping all cooling.
The repairman replaced the hose with a newer design that has a larger opening.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is a notorious problem with Samsung residential refrigerators. It is the cooling unit in the back of the main side freezing up. To access you have to remove everything from inside, remove the panel on the interior back, and check for ice build up inside the compartment. This is a major design flaw with Samsung refrigerators. I had this happen on multiple occasions with a Samsung residential fridge.

If you are still in warranty, get any work done under warranty NOW! Mine was out of warranty and cost me hundreds of $$$ to try to resolve, and it never got resolved. Ended up replacing.

YMMV, but be aware that this is a common problem with Samsung residential refrigerators.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
TechWriter wrote:
Only True Mosnowman wrote:
I have a new 2018 Montana 3721RL with a Samsung Residential Fridge. It is no longer cooling? The ice maker has never worked. The freezer works fine.

See my post in this IRV2 thread.

Wow, they actually glue the copper tubing? At least yours is in a park model, with no over the road vibration.
-- Chris Bryant

Naio
Explorer
Explorer
I've run into this with a few different sticks and bricks fridges. In each case, the problem is that cold air isn't flowing from the freezer into the fridge.

You can take stuff apart and find the blockage, or you can just unplug the fridge, prop the doors open, and let it sit and warm up for 48 hours. 24 is often not enough.

Or you can do like I did when I was impatient, and put a hair dryer or space heater in there, and melt the interior of your fridge. That works too, although it's less pretty.
3/4 timing in a DIY van conversion. Backroads, mountains, boondocking, sometimes big cities for a change of pace.

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Only True Mosnowman wrote:

See my post in this IRV2 thread.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Try a battery operated fridge fan.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Google: your problem
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Check the door seal and make sure the fan is not froze up and is blowing into the fridge area