cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Scratch removal

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
Couple weeks ago, during a high wind event, some shingles blew off the barn which happens to sit right next to where I park my TT. The pics below show the outcome.

Any insight on whats good for removing the scratch that seemed to have damaged my decal? The other long one, im hoping, is just tar residue from the shingles.

Thanks

[COLOR=]TV- 2010 GMC Sierra Z71 EXT. cab
TT- 2012 Starcraft Autumn Ridge235fb
6 REPLIES 6

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
wrgrs50s wrote:
A simple and cheap product that has worked very well for me is KIT SCRATCH REMOVER. It can be found at Ace Hardware or most auto supply stores.
It works really good for removing oxidation from fiberglass also.

Will that work on the decal? that's the part im concerned with.

wrgrs50s
Explorer
Explorer
A simple and cheap product that has worked very well for me is KIT SCRATCH REMOVER. It can be found at Ace Hardware or most auto supply stores.
It works really good for removing oxidation from fiberglass also.
Walter and Janie Rogers
2012 Sundance 277RL
TV 2006 Silverado 2500 6.0

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Use car wax or bug or bug and tar remover.

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
It was some crazy wind! That storm a few weeks ago that spawned those twisters in Illinois. This day, I actually found another shingle draped over my rear bumper like a towel.

Wind can do some crazy things!

DE88ROX
Explorer
Explorer
naturist wrote:
the brown scratches on the white surface LOOK like they are deposits of brown paint dragged down from above. If they FEEL like that, too, I'd suggest you might get rid of them by using one of the non-scratch scotch-brite pads from the grocery store.

The scratches in the brown paint, however, are another matter.

Yeah, that's what im afraid of. Not to concerned with the scratches/residue in the white. im sure those will rub out with a little elbow grease. Its the one that hit the decal that worries me!

Figures its on the awning side. The side we all see the most. ๐Ÿ˜ž

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
the brown scratches on the white surface LOOK like they are deposits of brown paint dragged down from above. If they FEEL like that, too, I'd suggest you might get rid of them by using one of the non-scratch scotch-brite pads from the grocery store.

The scratches in the brown paint, however, are another matter.