cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

septic extension question

hpcbmw
Explorer
Explorer
I've had my Fifth Wheel for a few years, but usually had it boondocked and would just empty the tanks a couple times a year when i moved it. Now I've got it at a friends house with a septic hookup about 30' away. I don't want to do a permanent hookup, since I might have to move it around on occasion. I want to be able to run a septic hose from where it sits to the hookup so I can drain it a few times per year.

I have one standard hose, I think it's 15' long. How can I attach another hose, or a solid 3" pipe to use as an extension? I have 10' of 3" pipe left over from a season I stayed at an RV park and had to have a solid hookup.

Thanks for any ideas!
9 REPLIES 9

hpcbmw
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks everyone. I found this at camping world, which has the male and female bayonet fittings, so I can use this to hook to my rv, and then connect the one I already have to the other end. I just hope it's long enough.

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/ez-coupler-hose-kit-with-15-hose/22062

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
get a macerator pump and make the job easy.
bumpy

Dingdingdingding....we have a winner! Costs a little more, but would be worth it.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
get a macerator pump and make the job easy.
bumpy

poncho62
Explorer
Explorer
All that stuff is cheaper on Amazon...I have found anyways

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer

The kind I do like.

The kind I would rather not have, because it does not have ridges to fit into the hose while clamped (and water can follow the ridges built into the hose and drip).

This might be handy. $11

This might also be handy.

You might find the easy way is just to buy two or three of these 10' long extension hoses. You might not need them this season, but nice to have around in case one starts leaking (mice) or something.

Good Luck,

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

Golden_HVAC
Explorer
Explorer
There is a very nice place called Camping World. THey help sponser this place.

http://www.campingworld.com/search/index.cfm?Ntt=sewer+hose&N=0&Ntx=mode+matchallpartial&Ntk=primary...

You should be able to find what you need online, or perhaps at your local RV parts store.

I like the Rino sewer hose, it is fairly thick, and you can pull it out to the full length, and it will stay there.

You can buy couplers, fittings that are fairly leak resistant for each end of the hose, ect.

I have sealed the ends with silicon (bath and tub water resistant sealer) and a hose clamp when required. It is best to test with a lot of water (empty the grey tank and make sure it is not leaking before empty the black tank) because if you have a leak, better to have water - not black tank leak out.

I like the red connections, with built in molded fitting on the ends. They sell one that has two pieces 90 degree connection on the end. With them separated, you can fit the small end into the 4" X5' section of black pipe that I secured to the bottom of my RV around the septic compartment. I have a coupling and pipe plug on one end, the other butts up against my storage compartment door (but is under the RV) so I can pull out the hose while door is open and it is secure while traveling. The other 1/2 is a screw in connection with 3" and 4" threaded section, that will stay well connected - even when streached to the ground side of the RV park connection.

Another alternative is to buy a 4" (or 3" as required) threaded 90 and screw it into the cleanout - thus having something to extend the clean out over to under your RV, within 10' or so of the septic clean out location. But that might require permission of the owner, and then a hack saw to remove the parts when you move the RV.

Once I was in a RV park that said the local City required the septic hoses to be off the ground (for health reasons so no standing water was left in the hose). That is a real requirement by many health departments, so that mice do not chew into the hose and have a source of water. I have a aluminum thing that looks like it is a ramp for the septic hose - for that use. IT works well, and prevents the septic hose from "dipping" and retaining water.

My guess is that everyone already knows that they should leave the black tank valve closed all the time, until it is more then 1/2 full (or 3 weeks if in warm weather) and then fill it to at least 3/4 full before dumping. Then make sure that the black water tank is never empty so that the left over stuff can dry out and turn into a cracker like chip 3' square near the exit, that can become difficult to clean out. Just a friendly reminder to all the others who might not know.

Fred.
Money can't buy happiness but somehow it's more comfortable to cry in a

Porsche or Country Coach!

If there's a WILL, I want to be in it!

I havn't been everywhere, but it's on my list.

Kangen.com Alkaline water

Escapees.com

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
you can buy another 20 ft hose and also buy a slip/slip connector it would not hurt to buy a few clamps to keep the hose from coming apart and spilling the black allover the lawn

hpcbmw
Explorer
Explorer
One end of the sewer hose has a spout of some sort, to dump into the sewer, the other end has the bayonet type attachment. My problem is trying to attach a bayonet attachment to a sewer spout.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just get another sewer hose and connect the two together.

We've stayed at some places where I had to use three hoses to reach
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31