Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Shout Out to Jet.com

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
ordered a Blue Ox Sway Pro.

They were $50 cheaper than anyone else on the web.

Ordered it in the evening.....with free shipping, it was here the next day....less than 24 hours...

$50 cheaper, free shipping and had it within 24 hours...not too bad...
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.
7 REPLIES 7

Bedlam
I found Amazon is an additional portal for some online merchants. If you actually find the merchant website, you can get the same item for less because they do not have to cover the "Amazon tax". This also applies to eBay vendors - They can sell the same item on their own site for less without having to pay the merchant fees on eBay.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

Community Alumni
Not applicable
boshog wrote:

Funny story, I ordered a Winegard Pathway X2 from Jet, they were $50 less than Amazon. The box came with an Amazon shipping label and a Amazon gift receipt. What was that all about?

Jet.com isn't the actual retailer you're purchasing from. It's more of just a portal that finds the cheapest price and handles the purchase and returns for you. From my understanding, you can receive items from Amazon in one of two ways:

1) You're actually purchasing from a smaller retailer that has their orders fulfilled by Amazon.

or

2) The purchase was made directly from Amazon, but Jet.com use coupons, discounts, or other methods to lower the price to you.

The way they can lower prices by bundling items is pretty ingenious. They'll become a serious threat to Amazon.

cruz-in
Explorer
Explorer
....and Jet.com has free shipping on returns....oh yeah, and no state sales tax in Maryland...
2011 Monaco Vesta
Interesting Coach
This particular one was the prototype.

boshog
Explorer
Explorer
Amazon isn't the low price king anymore. I've noticed their prices on most items are a bit higher than others and vendors like Jet offer free shipping with out a membership.

Funny story, I ordered a Winegard Pathway X2 from Jet, they were $50 less than Amazon. The box came with an Amazon shipping label and a Amazon gift receipt. What was that all about?

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Jet seems to be a new competitor of Amazon. Pricing right now is very good. Since an Amazon vendor pulled a fraud on me lately and Amazon was unsympathetic, Amazon is off my list and Jet is on.
Currently Between RVs

Slamnslash
Explorer
Explorer
I picked up a Hybrid Heat kit from jet for like $60 shipped
They are over $100 everywhere else
2013 Heartland Pioneer 25BH
2007 Chevy Silverado Z71 Off-road Crew, 5.3 factory HD tow, 3.73
Prodigy 2 Brake Control
Pro- Series WDH w/sway control

coolbreeze01
Explorer
Explorer
O.K. :C
2008 Ram 3500 With a Really Strong Tractor Motor...........
LB, SRW, 4X4, 6-Speed Auto, 3.73, Prodigy P3, Blue Ox Sway Pro........
2014 Sandsport 26FBSL