cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

slide topper bracket

Whiskey_River
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone know the procedure to pin the slide topper so it will not unroll or unspool. I am getting water in and its from around the bracket that holds the topper. I was told to remove the bracket and pump silicone caulk in each mounting hole and around the bracket. I tried using the small squeeze tube of silicone, but the self tapping screws are deep an only 3/16 I think (typical RV self tapping)& I need to get the bracket off to go directly into the hole. There are 5 selftapping screws in the bracket. I only need to do one side, so I don't need to remove the topper, just the bracket on one side.
I know they are spring loaded and you only get one pass at this to safely pin the topper from unrolling. If you are not right, you have a big mess. Something I don' want....
2 REPLIES 2

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
I'd have to check the manual for specifics but on mine you insert a drill bolt or other appropriate sized pin in a hole of the tube.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

jdc1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I used a large pair of Vise Grips when I replaced my slide topper material. You can unroll it by hand.