cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Coronavirus

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
What are your opinions on travel this summer and the Coronavirus? What about campground functions etc.?
55 REPLIES 55

RayJayco
Explorer
Explorer
Just keep in mind that this virus has not been around long enough for anyone to truly understand it... And they tend to evolve as so many in the past have...

Current stats are meaningless as they do not have a large enough sample base

Be safe, and use good personal hygiene...
Inquiring minds want to know...

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
kellem wrote:
Well, looks like i stuck my foot in my mouth with previous post.....our trip to Canary island was canceled.

A lot more than your trip and others trips are being canceled or will be canceled. If we are going to beat this virus it is going to take a lot of social separation to prevent it from exponentially growing out of control.
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Do what feels right. Elderly vulnerables will check out a few years early.

Black Humor
Social Security and Medicare are going to save billions of dollars

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
Well, looks like i stuck my foot in my mouth with previous post.....our trip to Canary island was canceled.

pigfarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Well, since I originated this post, I guess it is time I chime in. I agree with most all of the posts with the exception of a few. I have planned a 7 or 8 month trip with a lot of interesting places to visit. We've been doining this kind of travel for 27 years now and it takes a lot of researching and planning to come up with places of interest. Several reservations are paid in full with a refund if ahead of time, in most cases just a couple of days. I will play it by ear and continue with our plans if at all possible. We are both eldery (boy that hurts) and are in fair health. I have stocked up on groceries, meds and household supplies, none that will go to waste, especially the wine, lol. We will go on the theory prepare for the worst and hope for the best. We will either outwait it or it will outwait us... Stay healthy!

winniman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Where are all the cocky people that were posting in the first four pages. Its amazing how fast things have changed in only five days. This virus went completely through China in 30 days. Take this seriously folks. Be safe, and good health to everyone.

Sqdancecaller
Explorer
Explorer
Our plans changed because of this virus. We were to head for Florida on March 10th. Plans were to attend the Indy race in St. Pete, spend 2 weeks in the Tampa area, head to the panhandle for 6 days then onto Birmingham for the 2nd Indy race of the season. Due to having cancer plus diabetes and a low immune system we thought it better to cancel and stay home. We are very disappointed but when you are in the category of elderly with health issues better not chance it. Just hoping this virus outbreak is gone soon as we don't want to miss the entire race season!
2013 Thor Chateau 32 ft.

kellem
Explorer
Explorer
The last time my TV set was on was during the Superbowl.
I remember when we got our first set back in the 60's and my wise Grandma calling it " the 1 eyed devil ", so true.

The main goal of the media is to portray a state of catastrophe and instill panic into the weak.

We all have expiration dates, no need to play Ostrich.
AND good hygiental practice is something learned in early stages of childhood.

Wife and I just recently booked a trip to Canary island, looking forward to less crowded airports and resorts.

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
Chuck, do you mean every one except the campground hosts & rangers?

But of course. Someone needs to direct me to my spot. Chuck

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
Fun and crazy, Crowe! lol
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
Chuck, do you mean every one except the campground hosts & rangers?
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

GeoBoy
Explorer
Explorer
chuckbear wrote:
I believe everyone, and I do mean everyone, should quarantine themselves for at the very least the next two years. all campgrounds, national parks, and tourist attractions will be very dangerous until then. I have seen confirmation of this on the news and on the internet. Chuck

Ok Chuck.:W

chuckbear
Explorer
Explorer
I believe everyone, and I do mean everyone, should quarantine themselves for at the very least the next two years. all campgrounds, national parks, and tourist attractions will be very dangerous until then. I have seen confirmation of this on the news and on the internet. Chuck

pasusan
Explorer
Explorer
We've got a lot of reservations already in and at this point we are thinking of continuing with our plans... Except - we also have reservations for tours of some Frank Lloyd Wright houses. We'll wait and get closer to the time - but might have to cancel them. Bunches of people in tight spaces. :E

Susan & Ben [2004 Roadtrek 170]
href="https://sites.google.com/view/pasusan-trips/home" target="_blank">Trip Pics

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a new truck, Crowe. Does that qualify?

Qualify as??? Crazy? Smart? Fun? A risk? LOL!

14 years ago at the age of 45 I almost died from congestive heart failure. Long story short I was restricted as to what elevation I could go to due to being at an increased risk of HAPE. Over the years that elevation was increased but not up to the mountain heights I wanted to go. So my son, husband and I decided that I would take a risk and live our lives the way we wanted figuring worst case scenario I'd go home in a body bag. Morbid, maybe, but I'm not one to sit around saying "woe is me".

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]