cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Weather on the Central Coast

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
I'm not going to bore you with a full report on todays weather, you probably don't care that it is clear, sunny, 69 degrees with a southerly wind that has about ten kite surfers out on the water. I'll see if I can get them attached but I may have to go the Photobucket route. Give me a couple of minutes and then check back.

As you can see there are some empty campsites, come on up.

Oh yeah, had a Jalama Burger and fries for lunch and yesterday the Cafรฉ's clam chowder was voted best in Santa Barbara County, we're having that for Din Din.

I think a beer is in order about now.

Dave & Sharon
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II
11 REPLIES 11

IAMICHABOD
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even the So Cal coast has some places,like this past week,78 degrees slight on shore wind empty bike path and sand.
2006 TIOGA 26Q CHEVY 6.0 WORKHORSE VORTEC
Former El Monte RV Rental
Retired Teamster Local 692
Buying A Rental Class C

ol_Bombero-JC
Explorer
Explorer

Jalama Beach: - Santa Barbara County (CA) Campground

For those not familiar with the "Central Coast"......
(lots of CA residents have never been to Jalama Beach)

All are "IMO" - your experience/s may vary.

Don't go -๐Ÿ˜ž
During busy summer months - without a reservation.
(But still expect a campground "zoo")
If you don't like a long (time wise) drive on a 2-lane 15 mile twisty entry road. "Senic" it's *not*!
If the sign says - "Campground Full" - believe it.
You can't just "visit" to check it out, you *will* pay a day use fee.
If your RV is a long trailer.
If you expect full hookups.

Go -:C
For a Jalama Burger.
For miles of empty beaches.
When school is in session.

~

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
Jbrowland wrote:
We aren't so bad here in SoCal. We just have more poop in our ocean water.

However, here in SoCal, we think of Monterey and Big Sur as the Central Coast and Santa Barbara as more of the northern tip of Los Angeles. ๐Ÿ˜‰

If you asked the residents of Ventura and Santa Barbara counties, they would say that they're Central California.

I know cause I lived in Ventura County for 20 years.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

Jbrowland
Explorer
Explorer
We aren't so bad here in SoCal. We just have more poop in our ocean water.

However, here in SoCal, we think of Monterey and Big Sur as the Central Coast and Santa Barbara as more of the northern tip of Los Angeles. ๐Ÿ˜‰

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
bikendan wrote:
plus residents of Central Cali and Norcal, don't want to be associated with SoCal. so many(including myself when i lived there)prefer to separate us from there, cause the rest of the state is much different.

I can empathize with that. While Massachusetts is nowhere near as large as California, many of us in our end of the state refer to our hometown as being in "Western Massachusetts" to differentiate ourselves from the Boston end of the state. ๐Ÿ™‚

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I thought the pics were taken on the shore of Lake Superior a couple days ago. :C

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
tahiti16 wrote:
Rick Jay wrote:
Heh heh...I was curious as to where the "central coast" was. I've heard of the east coast and west coast, but didn't know Kansas had a coast! LOL. Now I get it. :). Enjoy, we had snow flurries here yesterday and last night the temps dipped into the low 20's. Brrrrrrrrr.

Yes Rick when your state takes up 2/3 of the western seaboard we have a central coast! :B Also known as the Gold Coast and the California Rivera!

plus residents of Central Cali and Norcal, don't want to be associated with SoCal. so many(including myself when i lived there)prefer to separate us from there, cause the rest of the state is much different.
there's been numerous attempts to break the state up into smaller separate states, thru the years.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes

tahiti16
Explorer
Explorer
Rick Jay wrote:
Heh heh...I was curious as to where the "central coast" was. I've heard of the east coast and west coast, but didn't know Kansas had a coast! LOL. Now I get it. :). Enjoy, we had snow flurries here yesterday and last night the temps dipped into the low 20's. Brrrrrrrrr.

Yes Rick when your state takes up 2/3 of the western seaboard we have a central coast! :B Also known as the Gold Coast and the California Rivera!
Ray, Cheryl & of course Miss Molly the four-legged child

2006 Dolphin 36' F53 V10 5 speed auto 2 slides 7.5 KW genset

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

Two_Hands
Explorer
Explorer
Actually you got the cool weather the central coast is usually known for. Just a few days ago it was in the high 80's which is way too hot for us.
2015 Fleetwood Excursion 33D
2016 Grand Cherokee Limited
Retired Law Enforcement
U.S. Army 1965-1973/RVN 1968-'69

I am the frequent recipient of "Get out of the way old man!"

romore
Explorer II
Explorer II
You really know how to hurt a guy.