Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire covers for a TT

Poohper
Explorer
Explorer
:)Hi,
We had out TT tires covered with canvas covers but the heat and sun torn them. Should we purchase new canvas covers (breathable) or should we invest in vinyl covers. Our TT is stored in an outdoor storage on gravel and is used about 5-6 times a year.

Thanks!
Pooh:R
7 REPLIES 7

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
I would get the vinyl and cover them anytime they're not moving for awhile. All seasons. I've had excellent service from inexpensive Adco's.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
harold1946 wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
A recent report I read decided that tire covers did not do any good against UV damage but do help keep the tires cooler than not covering them which would help with their durability. We use the white vinyl but a piece of plywood would work just as well when stored.

I would like to read that report. Do you have a link?
Evidently you do not believe it and neither do I.
Nor do I.
If you block the UV rays, how can the tires be damaged by the UV rays that are not reaching the tires?

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
A recent report I read decided that tire covers did not do any good against UV damage but do help keep the tires cooler than not covering them which would help with their durability. We use the white vinyl but a piece of plywood would work just as well when stored.

I would like to read that report. Do you have a link?
Evidently you do not believe it and neither do I.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
UV is the enemy of almost everything. Use a UV protectant such as aerospace 303 protectant. One is for fabrics, one is for hard surfaces.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad

Poohper
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you Campfire Time!
Pooh:R

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Try the vinyl. We have them and they work great. I only cover the tires in winter.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)