cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toaster/convection oven

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
My wife does not like our rv oven so I am thinking of getting a Farberware convection toaster oven. Any one else use a toaster oven in lieu of the oven??
28 REPLIES 28

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
We always use the oven, but she makes me light it. ๐Ÿ˜‰
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
We do not use the oven, don't have a toaster or a toaster oven. All cooking is done outside at the kitchen, grill or fire pit. The Dutch oven makes great roasts, chickens, pizza etc. if we want a turkey we bring the turkey cooker and fry it but we have not done that in a few years.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

oughtsix
Explorer
Explorer
Breville is probably the best top of the line toaster convection oven. I have one on my counter at home and never use my built in oven at home... well except maybe a turkey. The Breville is expensive but it is definitely worth the price!
2006 Duramax Crew Cab Long Bed pickup.
2007 Coachman Captiva 265EX trailer.

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
dahkota wrote:
We have a whirlpool convection microwave. Takes no counter space, no storage space, and bakes and roasts wonderfully. I don't have the counter space for a toaster oven, but the convection microwave does everything a toaster oven, regular oven, and microwave do.

We have the convection microwave but it will not do a rotisserie chicken.......

dahkota
Explorer
Explorer
We have a whirlpool convection microwave. Takes no counter space, no storage space, and bakes and roasts wonderfully. I don't have the counter space for a toaster oven, but the convection microwave does everything a toaster oven, regular oven, and microwave do.
2015 Jeep Willys Wrangler
2014 Fleetwood Bounder 33C
States camped: all but Hawaii
more than 1700 days on the road

Community Alumni
Not applicable
Toaster oven is all we use for 'oven' stuff, we found the gas oven to be a pain in the butt.

hypoxia
Explorer
Explorer
On our last few campers that had an oven, we put a toaster oven inside the gas oven as it was never used. We just coiled up the cord inside the oven & plugged it in when needed.
Jim

2007 Monaco Signature Noble III ISX 600HP

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
Caveman Charlie wrote:
I could use a decent convection toaster oven. One big enough to make a pizza . Any recommendations?

We now view all our counter top appliances as 'disposable'. We don't over spend so we're no longer disappointed when they die early or don't perform as advertised.

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
I could use a decent convection toaster oven. One big enough to make a pizza . Any recommendations?
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

rsmith159
Explorer
Explorer
We use our RV oven as a bread box. We set up a convection toaster 0ven outside under the awning and it will do anything the inside one would do. We've baked cakes, roast beef and chickens, works great. We are going seasonal next year and will have an outside on-deck cooking center and the oven will be part of it.

Rick in Cobourg
2008 Trail Lite Crossover 180T
2010 Ram 2WD Hemi

Bob_Vaughn
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
We use one.

Have you added a pizza stone to your oven? It helps it a lot. I added two; one on the bottom and one on the shelf over the burner. That and an after market oven thermometer. The knob on the front is about 15 degrees off.

My wife does not like it because it is too hard to light.....

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use a toaster oven. We are the third owner of our now 14 yo mh and the mh oven has only been turned on once by us as a food warmer during a thanksgiving day dinner at the house. The next RV I buy will not have an oven.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use one.

Have you added a pizza stone to your oven? It helps it a lot. I added two; one on the bottom and one on the shelf over the burner. That and an after market oven thermometer. The knob on the front is about 15 degrees off.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
That's all we ever used, never use the regular oven.
You do need the counter space for it though.