cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Towing a Nissan Versa Note with an Acme Tow Dolly

iyamtony
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone towed specifically a 2014 Nissan Versa Note with a Acme Tow Dolly. Ive heard nothing but good about them but wonder because of the Versa's low clearance if the dolly might rotate up in the back and damage the little fender flaps that hang down from the finders. Acme sez its compatible but would like to hear from the horses mouth. You cant return them and theres no where to go try one out. Thanks.
5 REPLIES 5

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
We have the ACME as well. I have a Toyota Yaris and have no problems with it, but we do not have the flaps as you mentioned. ACME has the longest and lowest ramps of I believe all dollies.

Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
This photo will give you an idea of the clearances I work with. It's a little difficult getting the straps over the tires. There also isn't much room underneath to hook up the chains.

2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

kjburns
Explorer
Explorer
I tow a 2014 Ford Fiesta ST on the Acme dolly. The Fiesta ST is at least as low as the Versa Note. The toughest part is connecting the chains underneath. On my car, there really isn't enough space to get both hands under there so I have to do it with one hand. The Versa Note should have no problem on the Acme dolly.

The Fiesta ST is a hot hatch version of the Fiesta. It has 197 hp with a 6 speed manual and lowered suspension. It's an angry little economy car with an attitude ๐Ÿ™‚
2019 Dynamax Isata3 24FW

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
On web site, there is a height stated, I believe it is 7".

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Want the same information. Following.
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas