cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

track bar

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 93 thor pinnacle 30 ft.For the ones that are familiar with this kind of rv and know how much the rear extends.Would you say that it would need a track bar.
joe money
7 REPLIES 7

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Raymon same to you.

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
koda55 wrote:
I installed a trac bar that I made myself from diagrams from this site. I did the cheap fix first and then added the trac bar. It connects one side of the frame to the rear end.

Exactly correct. I found this to be the best improvement I made. Replacing the original shocks with HD Bilstiens and having the front end aligned did not provide any noticeable improvements. I wish you the best.

Ray

koda55
Explorer
Explorer
I installed a trac bar that I made myself from diagrams from this site. I did the cheap fix first and then added the trac bar. It connects one side of the frame to the rear end.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Yes, sway bars is correct name. I had ones from IPD now Roadmaster installed including with eurethane bushings.
Sway bars
I had both bell cranks installed. They helped to stop road wander.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

cmarq
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2003 Pace Arrow 37ft. It had front and rear sway bars but still had to correct steering constantly. I made a track bar, there are several plans on a site called Omeys. It is mainly for workhorse but the DIY plans will work on others. I used a top link for a 3point hitch from Tractor Supply for the link between frame and rear end. Under $30. It was a little work making the plate for the rear end, but what a difference in handling now.

joe0508
Explorer
Explorer
enblethen wrote:
Your rig should have come with a front and rear stabilizing bar. It is good to keep a lot of rolling out of the rig. The bushings that come on the chassis are rubber. Replacing them with Urethane bushing will help.
A track bar I do not beleive would be beneficial.
I think what your thinking of is a sway bar.What I am talking about is a track bar,Which is the bar that control the lateral movement of the leaf springs.I am trying to figure out if the rear extends out from the axle far enough to create this problem.Anyone with the same rig should be able to tell me this.Also if someone could explain to me the feeling you get behind the wheel when walking the dog happens would give me a good insight on the matter.
joe money

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Your rig should have come with a front and rear stabilizing bar. It is good to keep a lot of rolling out of the rig. The bushings that come on the chassis are rubber. Replacing them with Urethane bushing will help.
A track bar I do not beleive would be beneficial.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker