cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bed in a Box Mattress Advice

danberg36
Explorer
Explorer
Hey All - Picking up our new 5'er in a few weeks, and already know we will have to replace the lumpy token mattress. Has anyone tried the "Bed in a Box"? Pretty compulsive ads on their website with lots of testimonials. However, I am more comfortable with reviews that are not provided via a sellers website. Anyone with first hand experience with this product, please let us know your thoughts. Thanks!
Dan & Shirlee
http://www.bedinabox.com/
24 REPLIES 24

ICamel
Explorer
Explorer
Lastingimpressionsfoam.com has memory foam mattresses sized for RV's. We have one in our RV and two regular sized ones in the stick house. One of the best upgrades we did for our 5r.
ICamel

2017 Arctic Fox 992
2005 Ford F350 Lariat SuperDuty CrewCab 4x4 + 6 Speed Manual + 19.5" Tires + LoadLifter 5000 Rear Air Bags
2005 16' River Wild Drift Boat
Honda EU2000i
Trophytrout FlyFisherman

stripit
Explorer
Explorer
Bought A Bed in a Box almost 8 years ago for the trailer, loved it so much when we bought a house again bought 2 more. We had them cut our trailer mattress to size for us and They did a great job. It fit perfectly our odd size king in the trailer. I would buy another from them when the time comes.
Stacey Frank
2016 Tiffin Allegro Bus 40AP
2019 Tesla Model X
2015 Cadillac SRX we Tow
1991 Avanti Convertible

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
kakampers wrote:
I guess we are the only dissenting vote. Bought a Bed in a Box several years ago when our off-brand airbed went bad...I need a soft mattress so we ordered the softest they had...was the WORST week of my life! Killed my lower back...felt like I was sleeping on a slab!

Could not get rid of it fast enough...since shipping it back was too expensive, we discovered the company was on our route heading south...stopped by and dropped it off at their door for a refund of purchase price!

Bought a Select Comfort and have slept just fine ever since!!

You brought up an excellent reminder. Most people either love or hate memory foam. We only have a 2" topper and it works great. I don't know how a full mattress would feel.

danberg36
Explorer
Explorer
JR - Thanks. Did you look at the selection at Walmart? They have a 90 day return policy, and the prices are about 1/2 of several of the others. Take a look. I am leaning towards their mattress.
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Spa-Sensations-12-Theratouch-Memory-Foam-Mattress-Multiple-Sizes/10086752

JR45
Explorer
Explorer
Here is the one that I'm thinking of getting, like the 120-night trial with Free 2-way shipping, plus check out the reviews.
http://www.novosbed.com/
JR
2006 Country Coach Inspire 360 40ft Genoa Designer Series Cat C9 Samsung 197 RR
Aluminum Radiator was recently replaced with a STEEL & COPPER Bolt Together Radiator w/ updated rubber mountings
SilverLeaf VMS 330
Toad--2011 Ford Edge Sport, Air Force One
:C

kakampers
Explorer
Explorer
I guess we are the only dissenting vote. Bought a Bed in a Box several years ago when our off-brand airbed went bad...I need a soft mattress so we ordered the softest they had...was the WORST week of my life! Killed my lower back...felt like I was sleeping on a slab!

Could not get rid of it fast enough...since shipping it back was too expensive, we discovered the company was on our route heading south...stopped by and dropped it off at their door for a refund of purchase price!

Bought a Select Comfort and have slept just fine ever since!!
2013 Heartland Landmark Key Largo with Mor Ryde IS and disc brakes
2011 Chevy Silverado 3500 DRW Crew Cab Duramax Diesel

SteveRuff
Explorer
Explorer
Bought the Bed-In-A-Box for our motor home. Very firm which is exactly what I wanted. I prefer this bed to our Temperpedic at home. I experienced no smell and no "break in" period. It slept well from the first night and has every night since. I am well over a year with it now and it is still like new.
Both retired. Travel with Nicky the Schnoodle. Son graduated and is teaching high school math. We still love our 2006 34' Allegro Bay XB and have 50,000+ miles on her.

Tvov
Explorer
Explorer
Rickhuntfish wrote:
Homer wrote:
Before you trash your mattress that came with your coach check out the Norvel 4" topper Costco has on sale right now. It is highest rated by Consumer Guide. I bought one and just love it.

Can you cut these to fit the "short" queens that are in the 5th wheel trailers?

I don't know about the Costco one, but I would imagine it is not too different than the 2 inch memory foam topper we bought from Walmart - you can easily cut it to any size or shape you want.

Selkie
Explorer
Explorer
I got a BedinaBox for my full sized bed in 2008. It is 11" thick. Still using it and love it. At the time, it was about $400. I bought a mattress topper from Costco for use in my sailboat, then moved it into my trailer to replace the Aerobed (it was a heat sink). Still happy with both mattresses.

Rickhuntfish
Explorer
Explorer
Homer wrote:
Before you trash your mattress that came with your coach check out the Norvel 4" topper Costco has on sale right now. It is highest rated by Consumer Guide. I bought one and just love it.

Can you cut these to fit the "short" queens that are in the 5th wheel trailers?

MrWizard
last april we also bought the spa sensations from walmart
ditched the old queen
have slept every night for the past 8 months on the 'spa'
we are happy converts

i don't think you can go wrong with either brand
I can explain it to you.
But I Can Not understand it for you !

Connected using T-Mobile Home internet and Visible Phone service
1997 F53 Bounder 36s

Hank_MI
Explorer
Explorer
donn0128 wrote:
Would you buy it to sleep on at home?...

Yes, we sleep on one every night. We got the one that has 2 separate pieces of latex and memory foam. You flip one over or the other or both depending on how firm or soft you want it. We did end up trying a couple of combinations before we found the one we like. I didn't want to buy one of their less expensive ones and find out later it's too soft or too firm.

They make a good mattress. Unlike Tempurpedic they tell you what it's made of, who makes the foam and where it's made. Oh, and they cost less. Did a lot of research before purchasing and I'm not disappointed.

steelpony5555
Explorer
Explorer
That's all we have done for the past 6 years is get a good topper for the cheapo mattress in the rig. Makes it very comfortable...
14 Cedar Creek Silverback 29IK
10 Dodge 3500 Dually Laramie 6.7 Diesel
14 Chrysler 300
07 Pearl White Ultra Classic (My new Baby)

Texas Boomers---Stop by for a Margie some time!

Homer1
Explorer
Explorer