cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vacuum Cleaners

Budsmith
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for the best vac to use in the class A...Was using an orick handheld but don not like the cords and a little bigger than I like...Is there some good cordless hand vacs that has the enough power ??What do you use???
15 REPLIES 15

jspence1
Explorer
Explorer
I can tell you the dyson is near bullet proof, we've had ours 12 years and have only had to replace the belt clutch. My wife is VERY hard on vacuums. I've pulled countless objects out of the dyson up to and including a teaspoon. The no loss of suction claim is BS you need to give it a good cleaning about every two years or you start to lose suction. Compressed air on the dirt holding thingy and it's back to near new.

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
ncrowley wrote:
I use the rechargeable Dyson. It does a good job on carpet and hard floors.

X3

Works GREAT battery life could be a little better, but does a great job and has a powered beater head.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

B_Sjulestad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Electro lux makes a nice cordless vac. I mounted the charging station in the bedroom closet since I have a outlet there and it rides there just fine.
Bob & Dianne
2016 GMC Denali 3500HD 4x4 DRW D/A
2013 Cedar Creek 36ckts
Emmy,Sassy and Flower our 4 legged kids

2-MTnesters
Explorer
Explorer
Big Katuna wrote:
We switched to a Bissell small upright with cleanable filters, separate hose for attachments. Amazing how much it picks up. Wally World.

X2, We like ours much better than the central vacuum in the Montana.
The Webers
Me- Tim
DW- Dea
Pooch- JoJo boxer/lab mix
2010 Keystone Montana 3400RL Hickory Edition "The Taj Mahaul II"
2004.5 GMC Siera 2500HD SLT CC 4x4,6.6 Duramax/Allison, 3:73 gears, Firestone air bags, Reese 16K slider, TFI 45 gal fuel tank, Rhino Liner

ncrowley
Explorer
Explorer
I use the rechargeable Dyson. It does a good job on carpet and hard floors.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

marspec
Explorer
Explorer
I for one don't like the central vac and we have one. Dragging that hose around a 37 foot fiver is a pain. We have a Hoover Nanolite and it does a good job. The approx. 12 inch head gets in the tight spots and it has a no brush setting for wood/tile floors. They run $50-$60. Ours is going on 5 years and is used in the sticks and bricks for the master bath and bedroom when not travelling.
2013 F450
Towing 2013 Lifestyle 37RESL

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
I use one of These when I'm on the road. Its no replacement for a vacuum, but its nice to have for a quick clean up, it works on carpet, wood or linoleum floors, it doesn't make noise, stores easily because the handle is in two parts, it works without hookups, and its cheap. The vacuum gets a workout when I get home.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts on this subject search this Forum for `vacuum cleaner' and read on.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

wny_pat1
Explorer
Explorer
We got rid of the vacuum when we got a new coach with wood flooring. The broom is so much better. But we still use a little hand vac for picking up cat litter.
โ€œAll journeys have secret destinations of which the traveler is unaware.โ€

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
WyoTraveler wrote:
Central vac system. They are nice.

X2

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

WyoTraveler
Explorer
Explorer
Central vac system. They are nice.

mwool
Explorer
Explorer
We use iRobot - really does a great job. Still need a small battery vac for spot work.
Marshall & Nancy
2013 DRV Elite Suite
2011 3500 GMC

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
We switched to a Bissell small upright with cleanable filters, separate hose for attachments. Amazing how much it picks up. Wally World.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dyson.. the little guy. It doesn't suck as well as a corded model, but, you'll use it more because it's so handy.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman