cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Trailers for towing

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Honda Ridgeline. I am interested in a dual axle trailer capable of handling 5000 lbs., and nothing on the flooring except grid plates to drive the tires on, and either tilt or ramped. Does anyone know where I might look to find a trailer with these specifications?
7 REPLIES 7

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
the way you worded your OP was not conducive to answers such as these. had you wanted to hear the merits of unenclosed vs enclosed you should have asked that question.
bumpy

richarfg
Explorer
Explorer
I didn't want to influence the topic, and I didn't get information I was hoping to get. I was hoping someone would say "just stay away from enclosed" or "spend the money on an enclosed". I have found plenty flat bed trailers in the price range you have indicated. Curious about enclosed vs. open for hauling. Economics, ride, etc...

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Kaufman trailers maybe http://www.kaufmantrailers.com/
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
...Not sure 'bout a specific dealer in your area, but Golden Gait trailers here near Charlotte, NC is a good example of a large trailer dealer and some of the open car trailers they have. They have a lot of nice units that would fit your requirements.

Mowermech is right, that a trailer with a solid deck would be much more versatile. Problem is, though, a trailer like that is frequently too heavy to be useful for hauling a car behind a Motorhome. Once you add up its weight + the weight of a good size vehicle, you're well over the hitch receiver limitations of most Motorhomes.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

mowermech
Explorer
Explorer
IMO, a standard flatbed trailer with a wood or metal deck would be MUCH more versatile!
I used mine for hauling rocks, hay bales, and other "stuff" as well as carrying a Jeep.
It was a 16 foot flatbed with a 2 foot beavertail, and had built in tie down rings for vehicles.
It cost $2295 out the door.
CM1, USN (RET)
2017 Jayco TT
Daily Driver: '14 Subaru Outback
1998 Dodge QC LWB, Cummins, 5 speed, 4X2
2 Kawasaki Brute Force 750 ATVs.
Pride Raptor 3 wheeled off-road capable mobility scooter
"When seconds count, help is only minutes away!"

rjstractor
Nomad
Nomad
x2. Trailers like that should be as common as armadillos in Texas. Would it be to haul your Ridgeline on? In my area you can still get a plain-Jane car hauler that would suit your needs for about $2000 brand new. I'd think they would be cheaper in your area, or at least not any more.
2017 VW Golf Alltrack
2000 Ford F250 7.3

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
I wouldn't think that such a trailer would be hard to locate. do a web search.
bumpy