cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel for medicine

down_home
Explorer
Explorer
We have been on a short trip for a family death. Sad but it afforded us the first time away from the house, for many months. It didn't cure anything, maybe but it got our attention focused on other things and enjoying the trip as much as possible.
About as good a medicine as I've encountered, in many respects. Maybe we can work out some trips before long.
6 REPLIES 6

Stanbiker
Explorer
Explorer
Raindove,

If your husband ends up on dialysis, I would recommend home hemo. with a honda genset, I camped as much as I wanted to.

emzee
Explorer
Explorer
I am so glad your trip helped to give you a different point of view down home. Hope you get to take more soon. Just getting away from the everyday chores and same old views can be very medicinal.

down home, Chock and rain I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
Chock Full O' Nuts - your hubby sounds just like mine. DH is in end stage renal disease and has good days and bad days. He always says he can feel bad sitting on a beach, the same as he can feel bad sitting at home - and the view is better at the beach. ๐Ÿ™‚
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
DH has stage 4 heart/lung disease and is fully disabled. His health fluctuates all the time--he has good days and bad weeks. But he has a great philosophy--"I can be sick in the woods or sick in my bedroom. I choose the woods." :B We pack up all his 25+ meds and his oxygen and off we go. We locate the nearest ER anywhere we go, just in case we need it. We have a collection of pics from various ERs around the country. One thing we've learned is Walmart has every medication we need and we can find medical care everywhere we go.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

raindove
Explorer
Explorer
One day at a time. And you are exactly right. Get out any chance you can. Even if it's not far from home, it's different and gives you something to look forward to. And if you don't feel good a day, you have all the comforts of home with you.

We have found that our MH gets us through a lot. Helps mental attitude and depression. And I think depression goes hand in hand with chronic health issues that impact daily life.
Whatever hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.

Wanda

1998 Fleetwood Bounder

VoodooMedicineM
Explorer
Explorer
Day by Day
Bill and Joey the dog