cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Truck camper towing at least a 30 ft TT crash....

zenbuck
Explorer
Explorer
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/story?section=news/local/new_jersey&id=9252773

Luckily no serious injuries.. It is very windy on this bridge! I hope nobody here does this..
24 REPLIES 24

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
IT was very windy.....crossing bridge....trailer fishtailed....driver lost control......both women (driver/passenger) are OK

Happens all the time in windy conditions.......semis/rvs/even cars
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
powderman426 wrote:
Chris Bryant wrote:
I will point out that is a long bed 1 ton dually, and well within its limits with a camper and trailer.

Even With the extended receiver that he had to be using seeing as he had a truck camper in the bed? I can't say, but I highly doubt it.

Easily- that's just an 8 foot camper- no need at all for an extended hitch, though they do make them rated for that use.
-- Chris Bryant

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
I will point out that is a long bed 1 ton dually, and well within its limits with a camper and trailer.

Even With the extended receiver that he had to be using seeing as he had a truck camper in the bed? I can't say, but I highly doubt it.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
-- Chris Bryant

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
Ever notice how these so called news reports have very little useful information in them.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Yikes- I know people on that show.
-- Chris Bryant

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
Wow!

1mtnman
Explorer II
Explorer II
A hard act to follow!!

mayo30
Explorer
Explorer
Defies comment,what can you say.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
That is ugly and they were very close to going over the brink so to speak. Lucky no one was seriously injured
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)