Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

US Closes Mexican and Canadian borders

agesilaus
Explorer III
Explorer III
US closes Mexican and Canadian borders by mutual consent:

Earlier today President Trump announced the closing of the southern border (Mexico) and northern border (Canada) to non essential travel. Entry/Exit for trade and business travel will continue to operate with additional screening.

1 The United States has reached mutual agreements with Canada and Mexico to restrict non-essential travel across our northern and southern borders.

There's more but mainly about illegals and not relevant

I just spotted this near the bottom:
-
American citizens, lawful permanent residents, and individuals with valid travel documents will be exempted.

Exactly what that means for RV travel I don't know. Probably means US citizens can return across the borders.
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper
13 REPLIES 13

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
colliehauler wrote:
A lot of people are simply sheltering in place in a foreign country. Unless you are old or have underlying health issues the risk is very low.

A lot of travelers are indeed sheltering in place....and often that 'place' is their RV, as they head home...north or south...Most of us have health insurance and that has an end date for many. As much as many would like to just stay put, they must be practical and get home.

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/

colliehauler
Explorer III
Explorer III
A lot of people are simply sheltering in place in a foreign country. Unless you are old or have underlying health issues the risk is very low.

ppine
Explorer II
Explorer II
Trying to keep Americans from leaving.

lots2seeinmyrv
Explorer
Explorer
Johno02 wrote:
If its just that easy to stop illegals from coming across the border, why do we need a Wall?? Just tell them the law says they can't cross. If you get stranded in Mexico. just follow the crowd and come on across through one of the tunnels.

They should be directed to go to their Embassy or Consulate and ask for travel assistance back home. No matter if they cross from Canada, which they are doing, or from Mexico.

If we are in a foreign country and we need help, we go to our Embassy.

This is a North and South illegal entry problem now.

No more entry without legal, proper, documentation or you will not get in.

Return over the first border they illegally crossed and that country can direct them to their Embassy there.

This has got to stop and U.S. taxpayers are not their Travel Agent to pay for hundreds of thousands of airline tickets back home every year.

This policy has got to end. That should be their Consulate or Embassies responsibility to provide the transportation costs. Maybe then this will stop if they start footing the bill.

If they do not cooperate and pay these costs then stop issuing the Visas to these countries.

C-172-AV8R
Explorer
Explorer
The closure is mainly to stop the virus from crossing the border. There are lots of exceptions to the closure such as the free movement of trade. Canadians can always
return to their home country. As is the case with Americans crossing to return to theirs. If you are sick you will be isolated in your own country if you arrive by land. If flying you might not be allowed on board. If you arrive from any other Country you must self isolate for 14 days.
Pacific Islanders
Abby's Doghouse... 31'Winnibago Chieftain
Casara pilot
FMCA F371731
"Any Day you wake up is a good one"
Mike/Ulla/Abby

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Johno02 wrote:
If its just that easy to stop illegals from coming across the border, why do we need a Wall?? Just tell them the law says they can't cross. If you get stranded in Mexico. just follow the crowd and come on across through one of the tunnels.

RV won't fit in a tunnel....:p
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
wildtoad wrote:
About time!

+1. Get you butt back home before you cannot.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
1 The United States has reached mutual agreements with Canada and Mexico to restrict non-essential travel across our northern and southern borders.

Here in Weslaco, TX 5 miles from the border they said that anyone with scheduled Dental work could go ahead and have it done.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I donโ€™t want to stop RVing Canadians from returning to their county through the USA. Too much of a bond between us.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.

ItsyRV
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:
Exactly what that means for RV travel I don't know. Probably means US citizens can return across the borders.

That's pretty much it. You can return to your own country. Otherwise, cross border travel is restricted to essential travel. Visiting, sightseeing and relaxing is not essential so you will be turned back.
1994 Itasca SunDancer 21RB - Chevy G-30 chassis.

Lwiddis
Explorer II
Explorer II
I agree. U.S. residents should always be able to return.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
About time!
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT