cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Verizon Wireless Customers

Mainevacationer
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I learned that Verizon is lowering the price of their DATA plans. So I went to the store today and they lowered my bill by $10 for the same level of service. Then the salesman checked my account and said that because both of my phones are "month to month" and not on a "2 year contract" we were entitled to a $15 reduction per phone per month. So I am now saving $40 per month.

Long and short, if you have a Verizon Data plan, you may want to go to a store and see about reducing your monthly bill.

Good luck.
Elinor and Pat
2015 Cedar Creek Cottage 40CCK
26 REPLIES 26

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Evan T-mobile chainged their plan, (They added Data Stash, a rollover plan, of all the rollover plans I've seen it is the best).

Data stash works like this, Each month I have a 7 Gig HIGH SPEED allotment and unlimited 3G or slower.

I have a 10 GiG data stash, which I have a year to use.

4G data comes first from the stash (So if I use say 3.5 Gig this month (I am using mostly park Wi-Fi) that comes off the data stash, but then at the end of the month the 7 Gig's I have not touched kick in and re-fill the stash to 10Gig, so that resets the year, as far as those 3.5 Gigs are concerned, I will likely neever use all the stash (Since I max at around six Gigs a month) YIPPIE.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

crcr
Explorer
Explorer
Mainevacationer wrote:
Yesterday I learned that Verizon is lowering the price of their DATA plans. So I went to the store today and they lowered my bill by $10 for the same level of service. Then the salesman checked my account and said that because both of my phones are "month to month" and not on a "2 year contract" we were entitled to a $15 reduction per phone per month. So I am now saving $40 per month.

Long and short, if you have a Verizon Data plan, you may want to go to a store and see about reducing your monthly bill.

Good luck.

Does anyone know if either of these potential monthly savings would apply to those of us who have grandfathered-in unlimited data plans, that is, without losing said unlimited data? I have been off contract for a long time just to avoid losing my unlimited data plan.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
How nice! Verizon is steeling my Data! We switched to Verizon back in Oct. and every month since we have been over! I turned off all Apps associated with Cellular data. And we still go over. Previously we had ATT and never went over.

As soon as our contract is done I'll be going back to ATT.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
When I replaced my phone three months ago, I went into the Verizon store and said (very nicely) "I need more data, but I am not going to pay any more", they doubled my data plan.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

tll
Explorer
Explorer
All 3 of our families ATT smartphones are now off contract. I have a 10 gig shared data plan. Checked and found I could save $50.00 a month by getting the month to month plan. If I were to purchase a new phone requiring a new contract, I would loose the discount. Also, as someone mentioned earlier the data rolls over. I am already starting to accumulate a good balance that I am certain to use while camping this summer.
2015 Starcraft 299BHU
2011 Jayco X23J(sold)
2009 Ford F150 FX4 SuperCrew

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just checked. If I re-did mine for EXACTLY what I have now, it would go up $16/month.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
The downside is for bigger users like me. If I want to go over 15G I have to buy 20.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

tvman44
Explorer
Explorer
I have a basic Verizon flip phone and got a $10.00 reduction starting last month. Ok by me.
Papa Bob
1* 2008 Brookside by Sunnybrook 32'
1* 2002 F250 Super Duty 7.3L PSD
Husky 16K hitch, Tekonsha P3,
Firestone Ride Rite Air Springs, Trailair Equa-Flex, Champion C46540
"A bad day camping is better than a good day at work!"

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
In my case the data plan has gone up in price so not all will see a savings
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
My phone stoped working a few weeks ago, and when the replacement came, I called version to activate the phone. Much to my surprise, the rep checked our account and ended up saving us $55 per month. Thing that I'm wondering is how long have I been over paying?

CloudDriver
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for posting. Looks like I can start saving $25/mo now and another $15 in June when DW's phone goes month to month.
2003 Winnebago Minnie 24F - Ford E-450🙂

Johno02
Explorer
Explorer
AT&T has also changed their plans also. Can't beat my old granfathered senior family plan yet, but they are getting closer. I can not get a LOT more data than before, at about the same price. Only thing is, why?? I don't use all of mine now. Also they added rollover for data to their plans. I will be watching both companies for a while. One day, one of them is going to slip up and offer me a real good deal.
Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)

2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 Old grouch, 1 wonderful wife, and two silly poodles.