cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Plastic shower dome has outside mold

Chuckf1
Explorer
Explorer
What's solution can I use to remove outside mold on plastic dome without damaging the plastic.

Thanks in advance.
Chuck and Jeanne (Full-timing and enjoying it!)

2005 Georgie Boy CruiseMaster 3600DS
Tow: KarKaddy 460SS W/2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited

FMCA, Passport, Outdoor World

Live life like it's your last day on earth!
12 REPLIES 12

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Assuming the dome is Plexiglas could Clorox cause it to yellow?

I know you are not suppose to use window cleaner in Plexiglas

GaryWT
Explorer
Explorer
I use Tilex on just about everything.
ME '63, DW 64, (DS 89 tents on his own, DD 92 not so much), DS 95
2013 Premier Bullet 31 BHPR 2014 F350 Crew Cab 6.2L 3.73

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
http://www.moldarmor.com/
http://www.moldarmor.com/product/mold-remover-disinfectant

IMHO THE best mold remover and protector. Not abrasive and no acids.

I used it on a house I bought in Florida where the gutters were pure black with Florida mold. Spray on and wipe off.

Also used it on my MH when it became covered with Florida's infamous green and black mold and pollen from the trees after only sitting for just a few months.

2 years now in Florida's humid summers and the gutters are still white and the MH does too.
A Floridian clerk who knows his Florida mold at Lowe's showed me this stuff! :C
Can you get this stuff in a local store or online only? I'd be willing to try it on my awning. Used Tilex last weekend - sprayed on and rolled it up for 15 minutes. Then rolled out, brushed and rinsed. It didn't do as well as expected.

Edit: Just read again - you mentioned Lowes?
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

Chuckf1
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to everyone for their help. WNF might be the winner. I'll also checkout moldamore.
Chuck and Jeanne (Full-timing and enjoying it!)

2005 Georgie Boy CruiseMaster 3600DS
Tow: KarKaddy 460SS W/2013 Hyundai Elantra Limited

FMCA, Passport, Outdoor World

Live life like it's your last day on earth!

camperforlife
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
Dick_B wrote:
Check out Wet N Forget spray. It works on roofs, sidewalks, brick, etc. but not sure it works on plastic.

wet N forget is the best thing since sliced bread, but primarily prevents mold regrowth. I always remove mold with clorox before using the wnf and I think the directions for it say to add some clorox?
don't have a bottle here. i use it on stained cedar siding. I think it is supposed to adhere for residual effects also and I doubt a smooth plastic is ideal for that. costco is the only place I have found it.
bumpy

I use it on vinyl siding with great results. Best stuff I know of to prevent regrowth.

benb21601
Explorer
Explorer
Yup. Tilex. Spray it on, let it sit 3 or 4 minutes, hit it with a scrub brush and RINSE THOROUGHLY.
2017 GMC Sierra 3500 Denali Dually Duramax L5P
2015.5 Jayco Seismic 3902
2015 EZGO Express S4 buggy

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.moldarmor.com/
http://www.moldarmor.com/product/mold-remover-disinfectant

IMHO THE best mold remover and protector. Not abrasive and no acids.

I used it on a house I bought in Florida where the gutters were pure black with Florida mold. Spray on and wipe off.

Also used it on my MH when it became covered with Florida's infamous green and black mold and pollen from the trees after only sitting for just a few months.

2 years now in Florida's humid summers and the gutters are still white and the MH does too.
A Floridian clerk who knows his Florida mold at Lowe's showed me this stuff! :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
TileX! Works great and use it clean our awning.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
Check out Wet N Forget spray. It works on roofs, sidewalks, brick, etc. but not sure it works on plastic.

wet N forget is the best thing since sliced bread, but primarily prevents mold regrowth. I always remove mold with clorox before using the wnf and I think the directions for it say to add some clorox?
don't have a bottle here. i use it on stained cedar siding. I think it is supposed to adhere for residual effects also and I doubt a smooth plastic is ideal for that. costco is the only place I have found it.
bumpy

scbwr
Explorer II
Explorer II
There are some sprays available for killing mold & mildew. I had some when I had a boat. I can't recall whether the label said anything re plastics. So, look in the boating section at a Wal Mart or other store and see what you find.
I know you can also find it online. Do a search for "mold & algae sprays" at Amazon, and you'll see a list of products to check out which you may be able to buy locally.
2012 Newmar Bay Star 3302
Blue Ox Avail
BrakeBuddy Advantage
2015 Malibu

"Get busy living, or get busy dying."
Andy Dufresne, The Shawshank Redemption

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
clorox
bumpy