cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We are looking at combo washer dryer

shooker99
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone tell us how good or not so good a combo rv washer dryer might work and how big of a load it might hold? Any suggestions on Brand names and or model number
17 REPLIES 17

Scottiemom
Nomad
Nomad
edatlanta wrote:
I have been full time for 9 years with a Splendide 2100XC in my 5'er and simply would not be without it. Does it only do smaller loads - Yes, but who cares? Just run it a bit more often. Does it take longer to dry - Yes, but who cares? Load it, turn it on and come back in 3 hours or so to remove items. Does it wrinkle more than larger units - Yes, but who cares? I'm retired and don't need to impress anyone. Wrinkles can be reduced by using dryer balls and removing items promptly when dry and not overloading.

With all of this being said Would I rather do larger loads and faster while sitting in a laundromat with a bag full of quarters - No!

Enuf said.

Good advice. Fulltiming for going on 15 years and this says it perfectly. I used it exclusively. Love it. Another thing to help with the wrinkles. Too much detergent makes things wrinkle. Use what the instructions say to and my stuff all dries in 90 minutes. Mine is a combo Splendide unit.

Dale
Dale Pace
Widow of Terry (Teacher's Pet)

Traveling with Brendon, my Scottish Terrier

2022 Honda Odyssey
2011 Mazda Miata MX-5

2021 Coach House Platinum III 250DT
Fulltimed for 15 years, now living in Florida

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com/

Campinghoss
Explorer II
Explorer II
We had the 2100 in our motor home and now in our fiver. It beats the heck out of laundry rooms and/or coming home with a bunch of clothes to wash. We run ours whenever we get a decent small load and don't worry about it. We looked at the stackable type but we went with that combo since we never plan to be full-timers.
Camping Hoss
2017 Open Range 3X 388RKS
MorRyde IS with disc brakes
2017 F-350 6.7 with hips 8'bed
Lucie our fur baby
Lucky 9/15/2007 - 1/30/2023

TxGearhead
Explorer
Explorer
Do not get a Pinnacle.
2018 Ram 3500 CC LB DRW 4X4 Cummins Aisin Laramie Pearl White
2018 Landmark Oshkosh
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4
2014 NauticStar 21 ShallowBay 150HP Yamaha
2016 GoDevil 18X44 35HP Surface Drive

TechWriter
Explorer
Explorer
Our combo Splendide lasted 15 years and worked well right up to the end. However, we're full timers and wanted to do laundry more efficiently so we made room for an Ariston washer and separate dryer.

It was (and still is) a best buy.
2004 - 2010 Part Timer (35โ€™ 2004 National RV Sea Breeze 8341 - Workhorse)
2010 - 2021 Full Timer (41โ€™ 2001 Newmar Mountain Aire 4095 DP - Cummins)
2021 - ??? Part Timer (31โ€™ 2001 National RV Sea View 8311 - Ford)
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

RedRollingRoadb
Explorer
Explorer
We have the 2100XC also and like it. I wouldn't want to do extremely dirty work clothes in it, but have been pleasantly surprised on the stuff with medium/light soil.

We have found that we take less clothes, depending on where we are going and when we will have hookups. It doubles for the dirty clothes hamper till we are ready to wash.

We have found that if you wash only, then fluff the clothes after the finial spin they don't wrinkle as bad but generally just let it do its thing.

When we bought our current rig, 2016 Bounder 34T, the DW was waling through and gave her blessing to the kitchen and bath, then opened the closet and saw the Splendie and exclaimed "Oh, I always wish for a washer/dryer." Never had mentioned it before.

We are only out a few weeks at a time but wouldn't be without.

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Have the Splendide combo. Never used it.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
Put us in the Splendide happy camper campsite. We leave for months in the summer and we never go to the laundromat.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

YC_1
Nomad
Nomad
Separate units might be nice but our combo does a great job. They spin like a mad dog and need to be solidly held down.
H/R Endeavor 2008
Ford F150 toad >Full Timers
Certified Senior Electronic Technician, Telecommunications Engineer, Telecommunications repair Service Center Owner, Original owner HR 2008

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We have a Splendide vented combo. Works great. Yes, small loads. And takes a while to dry. But we just put in a load of laundry, set it to wash AND dry, leave to go about what ever we have planned, and come back later to a clean dry load. And repeat if necessary. We never sit around waiting for it to finish.

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X3 on the 2100XC vented. If you take items out before starting to dry and fluff them up after the high speed spin and then before completely dry...no wrinkles.

Our new rig has stacked units and the DW would rather have a combo and the extra storage.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
X2
Happy Trails ๐Ÿ™‚
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
I have been full time for 9 years with a Splendide 2100XC in my 5'er and simply would not be without it. Does it only do smaller loads - Yes, but who cares? Just run it a bit more often. Does it take longer to dry - Yes, but who cares? Load it, turn it on and come back in 3 hours or so to remove items. Does it wrinkle more than larger units - Yes, but who cares? I'm retired and don't need to impress anyone. Wrinkles can be reduced by using dryer balls and removing items promptly when dry and not overloading.

With all of this being said Would I rather do larger loads and faster while sitting in a laundromat with a bag full of quarters - No!

Enuf said.
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

cavie
Explorer
Explorer
This will also cause high humidity in your rig.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 323BHS. Retired Master Electrician. Retired Building Inspector.

All Motor Homes are RV's. All RV's are not Motor Homes.