cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

We got bees nesting in undercarriage.

rhochnadel
Explorer
Explorer
While working on my slideouts the other day I noticed one after another bees arriving, and crawling into a small slit between the coroplast and the frame. I have no idea how to discourage them from entering and riding along with us on our next trip. They are not normal honeybees either, they are larger and colored black and yellow. Almost like a small bumblebee. I guess I could transport them to our next stop but that group of people might not appreciate them either. I would like them to hitch a ride some other way or stay home. Any suggestions?
'05 Keystone Challenger TPK
'01 Chev 2500HD Duramax/Allison
Corgi "Pippin" & cat "Sundance":)
19 REPLIES 19

mabynack
Explorer II
Explorer II
I had a similar issue this year. I put my slides out and the air was suddenly filled with wasps. I gave them about an hour to settle down and then located the nest on the frame and sprayed it with wasp spray. I noticed them on the other side of my coach, too. I haven't been able to locate the second nest, though.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
downtheroad wrote:
Sounds like you have a wasp/yellow jacket nest.
Home Depot - wasp and yellow jacket spray into the entry hole...soak it. Best to do in the last evening or night when most of the colony is home. Even better if you can peel back the coroplast and blast the nest directly with the spray.

The seal the hole.
Don't seal the hole until the nest has been eliminated my neighbor did that and the bees found a new entrance/exit through the trailer, not fun having bees filling up your living quarters.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like you have a wasp/yellow jacket nest.
Home Depot - wasp and yellow jacket spray into the entry hole...soak it. Best to do in the last evening or night when most of the colony is home. Even better if you can peel back the coroplast and blast the nest directly with the spray.

The seal the hole.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

Triker33
Explorer
Explorer
Find a local beekeeper and he will get rid of them for you.
How to find beekeepers
Larry Full Time Since 99
1999 34Q Discovery DP ISB 275HP 6 Speed Allison
VMSpc | Pressure Pro
14 Lincoln MKS EcoBoost Toad

Click here to see where I am

Diesel_Camper
Explorer
Explorer
Bug spray... Probably not a good idea to transport flying insects from state to state.