cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Weight Bearing Wheel Assy

roadtoadflorida
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 35 FT Flagstaff TT. I had a solid metal/tube cargo rack welded to the rear after removing the bumper. It is welded to the frame. I also have a 2" receiver welded under this cargo rack. This rack weighs 140 LBS. On this rack I put a 150 LB Honda Genny and a 160 lb tool box. So I have considerable weight on the rear end of this TT. It does slope down in the rear. The back door binds. I have stabilizer jacks under the rack which when I lower them to raise the cargo rack or take the weight off the frame. the door does not bind. This tells me I have a problem . I found on line exactly what I need. Under "Weight Bearing Wheel "mrtrailer.com". But they (the company that made this weight bearing wheel assy.) went out of business 8 years ago. I will attach a photo of the wheel. Oops , not sure or I can't attach the photo of this weight bearing wheel.
my email:
kenneth.roberts@cox.net
IMG_5479
Ken and Pat
CB Handle: "Road Toad" Channel 19
2011 Flagstaff 30 FT TT
2015 Ford F250 4x4 Crew Cab
Okaloosa County, Florida
5 REPLIES 5

eHoefler
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://springfield.craigslist.org/rvs/d/swivel-wheel-platform/6589369121.html
2021 Ram Limited, 3500, Crew Cab, 1075FTPD of Torque!, Max Tow, Long bed, 4 x 4, Dually,
2006 40' Landmark Mt. Rushmore

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
This is what you need! Swivel wheel trailer.
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

boogie_4wheel
Explorer
Explorer
My toolbox and generator ride in the truck bed.

I understand that the generator is heavy and sucks to get in to and out of the truck, but this plan is 'free'.
2005 2500 Cummins/48RE/3.73, QCLB, 4wd, BigHorn, Edge Juice w/ CTS + Turbo Timer,Transgo Shift Kit ISSPro Oil and LP pressure gauges, GDP 20/2 filters, Custom Diesel Steering Box Brace
'10 Forest River Shockwave Toy Hauler 21'
Honda EU3000I Genny

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Way too much weight on the frame of the trailer. Not only will it unload the front end but the frame tweaking is clear evidence that the load is excessive. Adding that wheel will likely cause just the opposite problem.
You've basically added a lot of weight to the worst possible place on a TT.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
You didn't explain what you're thinking about doing, but it's a bad idea. Any kind of rolling support will need to have suspension to conform to the road. Setting up something like that is the work of somewhat of an engineer to decide the load amounts and suspension travel distance.

Do yourself, and your trailer, a kindness and move some of the weight to the truck bed. Or leave some of it behind.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"