cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What are your fall camping plans?

JnJnKatiebug
Explorer
Explorer
Fall is our favorite time of the year for camping. We usually stay close to home to enjoy the great AR fall weather. The weather is usually good thru November with the occasional short cold snap. We have at least three trips planned. Heading to Branson for a long Labor Day weekend then going to Beaver Lake in NW AR for a week later in October. We like to hit some of the craft fairs up there. But my favorite is our annual trip to the National Forrest to meet up with our friends at deer camp. We stay at least a week and sometimes longer if the weather is OK. Living off the grid in the middle of nowhere is the way to go. We take turns cooking and the food is fantastic. Lots of dutch oven cooking and cast iron kettles over the campfire.
2016 Chevy Tahoe
2017 Flagstaff 26FKWS
(Picture in profile)

"The best things in life are the people you love, the places you've seen,
and the memories you've made along the way".
44 REPLIES 44

DannyA
Explorer
Explorer
September will be Land Between the Lakes Campers Fair
October will be Reelfoot Lake State Park for the craft fair.
Maybe some short trips in and around those trips.
2013 Sabre 290 REDS 5th wheel
2011 F250 Ford diesel

Mark Twain wrote: "Twenty years from now, you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do...

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
Fryeburg with a few thousand of my closest neighbors.

clikrf8
Explorer
Explorer
September: Yellowstone/Tetons/western Wyoming/Southern Idaho/Eastern Oregon
October: Northeastern California/ southern Utah/Northern Arizona/Northwestern New Mexico

Each will be about 4 weeks long with a return home to clean up garden and crypt some firewood.

We like exploring, rock hounding and photography. We also lve to learn about the local history and geology.

Happy trails.
2008 Ford F250 SuperDuty 4x4 Off Road Pkg Diesel Ranch Hand Sport Ride Right airbags
2013 Hallmark Ute LX
Toller Mousse: Chocolate Standard Poodle cross
Blitzen: Black Standard Poodle
Photography Website
Photography Blog

IndyCamp
Explorer
Explorer
We will be in the Ozarks of southern Missouri for a week in September.

October brings a week in Brown County, Indiana ("the Smokies of the Midwest"), at the absolute best site in the park (will not disclose the site number).

We are Colts season ticket holders, so fall camping, although my favorite, is difficult. Also, we had to winterize the rig by the middle of October last year due to the cold temperatures.
2018 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
2014 RAM 2500 6.4L HEMI

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
bukhrn wrote:
RobWNY wrote:
We have plans for a few days in a State Park near us in mid October to enjoy the fall leaf colors and weather permitting do some kayaking. There's reports of the Polar Vortex hitting our area with a foot of snow predicted in late September for our area so we're keeping our fingers crossed that we get to paddle down a lake rather than calling our Kayak a sled and using it on snow covered hills.
You really could have gone the rest of the year without saying that, if you get a foot in Sept., I'm gonna be screwed in New England.

Polar vortex gave us *8* snow days off school-- I even bought sleds from amazon. Killed my lemon and lime trees, half my front lawn and half of the annuals in my garden...

Not looking forward to another year of polar vortex!!!!!
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

Spleenstomper
Explorer
Explorer
We have saints season tickets, so our camping will be curtailed by home games. We hope to get to Mississippi to a state park, and to Texas... Expand a little and get some states colored in with the new TH.
Jennifer plus Hubby empty nest and two spoiled English bulldogs

2020 Momentum 320G with king bed!
2014 Ford F 350 DRW Lariat

The Toys:
Jacked up EX go,Old Yamaha 4 wheeler,Polaris RZR (seats 2)
Robalo R 227 dual console

Chock_Full_o__N
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for reminding to get on this. Fall is just around the corner!

We usually go camping for my birthday, the end of Sept, but this year we have a church retreat that we don't want to miss. Oh, well. Our camper is stored at our favorite campground in North Georgia. Hopefully, I can get a site sometime in October. That's high season up there. We need to go up and winterize the camper before it gets too cold.
"Those who dwell...among the beauties and mysteries of the earth are never alone or weary of life."--Rachel Carson, environmentalist, 1956

2009 Ford F250 XL
2006 Dutchmen 25F
Me & DH in non-parenting mode!

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
If I'm home when it gets cool enough again for camping, I'll move my RV out to a nearby lake for a week or two at a time.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Pop-Pop_C
Explorer
Explorer
Ft. Worth to Hot Springs to Memphis. Great park in W. Memphis. Tom Saywer camp ground.
Right on the Mississippi. Love watching the barges at sunset! Then to the gulf coast and
To ft worth for Xmas.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
RobWNY wrote:
We have plans for a few days in a State Park near us in mid October to enjoy the fall leaf colors and weather permitting do some kayaking. There's reports of the Polar Vortex hitting our area with a foot of snow predicted in late September for our area so we're keeping our fingers crossed that we get to paddle down a lake rather than calling our Kayak a sled and using it on snow covered hills.
You really could have gone the rest of the year without saying that, if you get a foot in Sept., I'm gonna be screwed in New England.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

RoadLife
Explorer
Explorer
Goin fishing at Heron Lake in NM next week for 9 days, then 8 days in September to Navajo Lake. October it will be a jaunt to Alabama, then November to Georgia and Florida and Texas for four or five months. Hooray!
ROADLIFE

RV Part Timers Blog

2003 40' Allegro BUS - 2 slides
2013 Ford F150 XLT 4X4 OffRoad 2014 XC60 Volvo
Shasta - Australian Shepherd; Boomer - Brittany;
Pancho - border terrier

RobWNY
Explorer
Explorer
2020 Silverado 2500HD LT, CC, 4X4 6.6 Duramax
2021 Grand Design Reflection 311BHS

I asked him to do one thing and he didn't do any of them.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Gonna keep heading up into the mountains west of Loveland. Estes Park and RMNP. Fall is a good time to see the Aspens change, the Elk Bugling, and the first snowfalls on the high peaks. Moraine Park is much easier to get in to. Will also likely take some runs up the Poudre Canyon west of Fort Collins, or Red Feather Lakes area, until they close down the campgrounds for the season.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

3oaks
Explorer
Explorer
TexasShadow wrote:
Yellowstone and then over to the black hills for the
Buffalo roundup

Well we won't be in Yellowstone but we will be in the Black Hills of SD camping in Custer State Park for the two weeks leading into the Buffalo roundup. This is an annual excursion for us and a group of camping friends from all over SD that we have made over the years. And always do a little fishing with great success. After that some fantastic pheasant hunting starting in mid October before making our way home. Camping at it's finest.