cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is acceptable for rear settle?

hogcard
Explorer
Explorer
Have a Solaire 26rbdsk that weighs about 5800 lbs dry. TV is a 2014 Toyota Tundra Crew Max. I specifically refer to the crew max because it is my 3rd Toyota but first crew max. I've always been able to achieve almost perfectly level set up on the previous trucks.

I have a Reese dual cam with the washer that tilts the head labelled 1-6.

With my current set up my front end settles back to almost identical height as when unhooked which is a good thing. But my rear end is almost 2" lower. My wd bars are pretty much level. I have the washer turned to 6 which is as far back as I can tilt the ball.

Seems to drive ok but I don't like not being almost perfectly level. I increased my chain link by one and gained about a 1/2 inch but the bars are no longer level.

Is the rear suspension on the crew max that bad? Would air bags in the rear help level up the back end without causing any negative performance issues? Or am I being too picky and as long as the front end settles back to unloaded height, I should suck it up and move on? Or is there another adjustment I'm missing somewhere?

Thanks for all input.
6 REPLIES 6

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Settling 2" is normal and not excessive. The truck has a raked stance from the factory to allow it to ride level when loaded. You've restored the weight to the front which is what matters. If it tows ok and you have not exceeded your weights than you are fine, leave it alone.

You should take a trip to the scales when loaded. Max weights for the Crewmax are;

GVWR 7200lbs
RAWR 4150lbs
Receiver rating 1050lbs (10% of max tow)
Tires depends on brand.

^^THIS^^
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

hogcard
Explorer
Explorer
camp-n-family wrote:
Settling 2" is normal and not excessive. The truck has a raked stance from the factory to allow it to ride level when loaded. You've restored the weight to the front which is what matters. If it tows ok and you have not exceeded your weights than you are fine, leave it alone.

You should take a trip to the scales when loaded. Max weights for the Crewmax are;

GVWR 7200lbs
RAWR 4150lbs
Tires depends on brand.

Thanks

camp-n-family
Explorer
Explorer

GVWR 7200lbs
RAWR 4150lbs
Tires depends on brand.
'17 Ram 2500 Crewcab Laramie CTD
'13 Keystone Bullet Premier 310BHPR
Hitched by Hensley

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Might look at Torklift Stableloads.
I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

christopherglen
Explorer
Explorer
Air bags will prop up the rear and make it level again. The purpose of the WD is to maintain weight on the front axle, the rear is expected to sag, as you are loading it.
2007 Chevrolet 3500 CC/LB Duramax/Dually 4X4 Mine r4tech, Reese Signature Series 18k +slider, duratrac, Titan 62 gallon, diamond eye, Cheetah 64
2011 Keystone Fusion 405 TrailAir & Triglide, Centerpoint, gen-turi, 3 PVX-840T, XANTREX FREEDOM SW3012, G614

hogcard
Explorer
Explorer
Bars are 1000# rated each