cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What kind/make wall hugger chairs?

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
When we bought the RV the silly looking dinette seemed OK, but now not so much. We would like to remove it and replace with two wall huger chairs. Any ideas for not so humongous chairs.
Here is where they will go once this is removed.

Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)
14 REPLIES 14

JesLookin
Explorer
Explorer
Look at the Lazy Boy Pinnacle line. That is what we used, no problem getting the two boxes through the door.
2013 Arctic Fox 27-5L
2014 Ram 3500 6.7L CTD, Crew Cab

dockmasterdave
Explorer
Explorer
Went to our local lazyboy store today.
They are having a mega sale, but the list price was $100 higher than online, and the sale price was only $50 off online retail.
I read on here about a 2 for 1 sale.
I'm not trying to be greedy, but we are looking at 2 for the rv, and 1 for the house.
Is there someplace that will make a package deal?
We are in SW FL.
Thanks for any suggestions.
2014 F 150 ecoboost
2008 Chrysler Aspen
09 Amerilite 21 (modified)
2013 Bendron 14' enclosed cargo
2011 4x8 open cargo

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
We also went with LazyBoys and yes, they all come in two pieces and you would have no problem getting them through a door. Other brands could be difficult to get in so yes, measure.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Horizon170
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks, Our Daughter suggested that we look for Lazy Boy 2 for 1 price sales.
I can get them into the RV even if I have to remove the passenger seat in the Sprinter.
BTW----Wife is real picky about comfort. smiles
Marvin
Marvin

2010 Coachman Freelander 22TB on a
2008 Sprinter/Freightliner chassis
1995 Geo Tracker (Toad)

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Can't recommend Flexsteel for wall-hugger, as the one I bought the recliner mechanism that moves the seat forward broke down within four years, composite rollers cracked and split. However, the rocker recliner we got at the same time is just fine ten years later.

We went from LazyBoy to Flexsteel to get a smaller size (to fit our small bodies) and for the guarantee on the seat structure, because the coil spring seating on our two LazyBoy recliners collapsed within five years, especially once adult kids came home and started plopping into the seats rather than sitting more gracefully, and sitting double. This experience was not particularly new, as my father-in-law broke through two different sofas that we had used for 10-20 years without trouble.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Peg_Leg
Explorer
Explorer
We ordered 2 wall wall huggers from Best Furniture, made in Indiana. They had to be narrow so when turned sideways they cleared the slides.
2012 Chevy 3500HD Dually 4X4
Crew Cab long bed 6.0 gasser 4.10
2019 Open Range OF337RLS
Yamaha EF3000iSE
retired gadgetman

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
avan wrote:
GoPackGo wrote:
Make sure to measure your door width.
I don't know about other brands but LazBoy come in two pieces - the back slides into a steel track on the bottom base of the chair. Makes it easy to get into the narrowest of RV doors. But it's still OK to measure your door width for other purposes if you wish 😉

It's always smart to know your door width when shopping for bulky items, because some furniture does not come in two pieces. The OP may decide on a different brand that is one piece. Yes, I know you can sometimes bend a chair around the door corner sideways, but that's sometimes not so easy to do in an RV.

You didn't read my first post ??

myredracer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Two sources of RV-specific wall hugger furniture:

shop4seats.com They must a division of 4seating.com as they have the same address.

discountvantruck.com

Before buying, look into any quality and customer service issues. Buying something big & bulky from afar that you can't see in person first *might* not be the best idea. Some wall hugger furniture is true wall hugger design and some aren't so check dimensions carefully. Furniture made specifically for an RV will fit through an entry door but non-RV ones may not.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
GoPackGo wrote:
I don't know about other brands but LazBoy come in two pieces - the back slides into a steel track on the bottom base of the chair. Makes it easy to get into the narrowest of RV doors. But it's still OK to measure your door width for other purposes if you wish 😉
www.putt10.net

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
We put the LazyBoys in but I cheaped out and did not get the wall huggers.

not a smart move. :S

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer

FrankShore
Explorer
Explorer
x3 on Lazy Boy, if the salesperson doesn't know anything about those recliners, ask to look at their catalog
2014 F-250
2014 Minnie Winnie 2351DKS (Traded In-Burnout-Use A Surge Protector!)
2015 Arctic Fox 22G (Great Trailer But Heavy - Traded In)
2018 Lance 1685 w/ Solar & 4 Seasons Package
1999 Beneteau 461 Oceanis Yacht
En Norski i en Fransk båt - Dette må jeg se!

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Yep........
LazyBoy recliners.
We replaced our OEM Flexsteel with rocker/swivel/recliners.
We needed a certain size (width) to fit in back area of 5vr.

LazyBoy has all kinds of sizes ---- styles
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
My fiver came with two recliners that I replaced with two LaZeBoy rocker recliners that also swivel. The backs ship separately on these so they will easily fit through RV doors.

I believe LaZeBoy has at least two types of recliners. One style can sit really close to the wall and the other needs about a foot of clearance. Take measurements, then go see them. Their online site is excellent, but a little daunting, although it does have dimensions.