cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What % Of Alcohol Does Your State Have?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like USA gasoline is going to jump to fifteen percent minimum.
Forever
38 REPLIES 38

afidel
Explorer II
Explorer II
The only vehicles that should run E15 are those that are already flex-fuel certified (ie can run E85), anyone running E15 in a non-flex system is in for a world of hurt with very expensive repair bill coming most likely.
2019 Dutchman Kodiak 293RLSL
2015 GMC 1500 Sierra 4x4 5.3 3.42 full bed
Equalizer 10k WDH

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
time2roll wrote:
miltvill wrote:
E85 gas has been sold for years at U-Gas stations in Florida. I don't use it in our Honda. My understanding is E85 has 51% to 83% ethanol. U-Gas always has plenty of customers, however; the gas cost the same as the 10% ethanol gas stations. I don't see the savings going to 15% ethanol will accomplish.
Any initial savings is lost in fuel economy due to lower energy content.

Depends on how much less $$ it is to how many mpg's you lose. You could actually save money.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
miltvill wrote:
E85 gas has been sold for years at U-Gas stations in Florida. I don't use it in our Honda. My understanding is E85 has 51% to 83% ethanol. U-Gas always has plenty of customers, however; the gas cost the same as the 10% ethanol gas stations. I don't see the savings going to 15% ethanol will accomplish.
Any initial savings is lost in fuel economy due to lower energy content.

miltvill
Explorer
Explorer
2020 GMC Denali\Duramax 3500HD Dually Crew Cab
Sold-Trail Cruiser TC23QB

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Not exactly on topic but remember when the Safety adds said "Alcohol and Gasoline do not mix" (Of course they were talking about alcohol inside the Driver and gasoline inside the tank. but hey.. Intent of post is laughing.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Draggo
Explorer
Explorer
3 tons wrote:
With one of the worldโ€™s biggest breadbaskets forced to likely forego itโ€™s next crop planting season, and food prices beginning to escalate, seems like the perfect misuse of Americaโ€™s cornโ€ฆJMO

3 tons

That's what I was wondering. Isn't it just going to drive the price of corn up either leaving less for food products or make them cost even more???? I'd rather pay the $.10/gallon more than have my groceries get even more expensive.
Mike & Company
2021 GMC Sierra SLE (6.6L V-8, 3.73 rear gear)
2018 Coachmen Freedom Express 279RLDS
Reese W/D & HP DC

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer
agesilaus wrote:

Its sold all over the state as 'marine gas' and the stuff locally is lower octane

Come to think of it, the biggest market for ethanol free gas at Wawa seems to be landscape and lawn maintenance contractors & boaters. IIRC, the alcohol free at Wawa is 89 octane, and before Wawa's entry into Florida alcohol free was around but hard to find in the Orlando area.

folivier
Explorer
Explorer
smoke and mirrors

Y-Guy
Moved from Tech Issues to General RVing Issues

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
garym114 wrote:
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
It looks like USA gasoline is going to jump to fifteen percent minimum.
Forever

All gas is not going to 15% as a minimum. A few ethanol producing states are going to blend and sell 15% gas outside of the normal June to September cutoff.
Nothing is going to change with 10% gas availability.

Gary is right.

Only about 2% of stations are set for 15% and most of those are in the mid west. The rest of the US will likely remain as is.

This "emergency" action is lipstick on a pig.

cptqueeg
Explorer II
Explorer II
3 tons wrote:
With one of the worldโ€™s biggest breadbaskets forced to likely forego itโ€™s next crop planting season, and food prices beginning to escalate, seems like the perfect misuse of Americaโ€™s cornโ€ฆJMO

3 tons

Agreed, it's always been a handout to big ag.
2024 Chev 3500 CCLB Diesel
Four Wheel Camper Granby Shell

agesilaus
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
thomasmnile wrote:
Wawa stores in Florida sell alcohol free gas. Unfortunately the cost difference between it & E10 is not negligible. 70-80 cents higher than E10 last I looked.
That only because those that seek it out are willing to pay much more. Does not reflect cost or the price if all the booze was taken out.

Its sold all over the state as 'marine gas' and the stuff locally is lower octane
Arctic Fox 25Y Travel Trailer
2018 RAM 2500 6.7L 4WD shortbed
Straightline dual cam hitch
400W Solar with Victron controller
Superbumper

3_tons
Explorer
Explorer

3 tons

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
thomasmnile wrote:
Wawa stores in Florida sell alcohol free gas. Unfortunately the cost difference between it & E10 is not negligible. 70-80 cents higher than E10 last I looked.
That only because those that seek it out are willing to pay much more. Does not reflect cost or the price if all the booze was taken out.

thomasmnile
Explorer
Explorer