cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What the #@!! happened??

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
Recently while dry camping in Yosemite we had a problem arise. During generator hours my lovely wife plugged in her flat iron/hair straightener and the hair dryer at the same time in the GFI outlet in the bathroom. As I stood in the kitchen I thought I got just a hint of some electrical burning. I look under the sink and saw nothing but looked up and saw the microwave and coffee maker both not lit up.( No flashing 12:00) I plugged them both in directly into the generator and neither one worked. No coffee or microwave the last two days of our stay. We get home and I let the rv sit for a day and plug in to the house and now everything works fine. What happened? I thought her heavy electrical draw maybe damaged the micro and coffer maker even though they had not been in use. No problem with the fuses either. One more thing, all the outlets stopped working as well until I reset the GFI. Could the electrical wiring have been damaged? I thought the GFI would prevent that. I don't know. I hate electrical issues!!
E.Lee Galik
15 REPLIES 15

SPRING_STREET
Explorer
Explorer
Probably tripped the breaker on the Genny!
2011 MOUNTAIN AIRE 4344, FMCA F334596, Cummins Power Play,Good Sams and KOA member..TOAD 2017 Ford Edge Titanium with a 6 cylinder Engine, License plate "TOWED" > RoadMaster Night Hawk Tow Bar and Base Plates. ๐Ÿ˜‰