cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What the heck?……..

_1Flyboy
Explorer
Explorer
….. Had some RV’ers come up the mountain for a long weekend. They pulled into 3 different spots & couldn’t get any reception for watching TV… Away they went…. Guess we all have different priorities for what is necessary for some great camping….
26 REPLIES 26

Samsonsworld
Explorer
Explorer
I've had week long trips when I didn't even turn on the TV and others when I watched too much. Kind of depends on weather, I guess. We usually stream but I always carry DVDs, just in case.

No TV or cell reception sounds nice about right now.

ro_sie
Explorer
Explorer
And now the adverts are on the net and some are sneaky, they hide them behind things they know you will want to read.
ro_sie
Art ( my roomie)
Fleetwood Revolution LE

free_radical
Explorer
Explorer
joebedford wrote:
We have 4 TVs in our RV. We use them all (but not at the same time as there are just two of us). How do you survive with just one tv?

:B

I gave up tv when internet started,mainly to avoid all those annoying adverts.

Now IF adverts were funny like Japan does I could tolerate it

https://youtu.be/IJcvRLKO_pU

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
I thought about this thread last evening when home power was off. I brought a jump starter pack and little inverter in to power DW's recliner so she could get up. Then I looked at the TV. Decided to plug in a lamp so she could cut fabric for a quilt

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
way2roll wrote:
I'm still baffled why people are so concerned and judgmental about what someone else is doing. How do you know they left due to inability to watch TV, and why do you care?

This makes for amusing and interesting discussion just as around the campfire gossip with now 22 replies.

Thom02099
Explorer II
Explorer II
Even though I have a TV in the trailer, it's seldom used. I much prefer the rather eclectic collection of CD's and enjoy listening to music. Yes, I'm one of those who listens to the entire CD, that way I get to hear some great deep cuts from a wide variety of artists, songs that I would not hear on any radio station.
2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2016 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 243RBS
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS - R.I.P.

LouLawrence
Explorer
Explorer
Even if we camp under the trees and our Winegard Trav'ler can't pick up DirecTV, we have dozens of hours of TV on our DVR. It's likely we will be able to receive at least 1 Network channel using the OTA antenna to catch up on the local news. No matter if we can't as we have plenty of stuff to watch on "tape"!

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
I'm still baffled why people are so concerned and judgmental about what someone else is doing. How do you know they left due to inability to watch TV, and why do you care?
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
PA12DRVR wrote:
I had visitors come to Alaska from Texas...just fly/drive, not RV'ng..never been to AK before, wanted to see bears, mountains, go fishing, etc. Planned an itinerary for them to include 90% of what they wanted...they get up here and "Oh, this won't work. On Sunday and (in this case) Thursday, we have to be where we can watch the Cowboys play." ....but it's Alaska, your "dream trip"....nope, got to be in town where we can watch the Cowboys. There went the bear viewing (Sunday) and the fishing (Thursday). Different priorities.

Let them know about this new-fangled invention called a DVR :C
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
I sure don't miss cable TV at home or on the road RVing. Free Streaming is a winner for me when available or back to my DVDs and books.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
WOW, give up RV'ing because they can't watch TV. :R
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund

PA12DRVR
Explorer
Explorer
I had visitors come to Alaska from Texas...just fly/drive, not RV'ng..never been to AK before, wanted to see bears, mountains, go fishing, etc. Planned an itinerary for them to include 90% of what they wanted...they get up here and "Oh, this won't work. On Sunday and (in this case) Thursday, we have to be where we can watch the Cowboys play." ....but it's Alaska, your "dream trip"....nope, got to be in town where we can watch the Cowboys. There went the bear viewing (Sunday) and the fishing (Thursday). Different priorities.
CRL
My RV is a 1946 PA-12
Back in the GWN

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
I know this won't make sense to a lot of you, but one of the two satellites we use is old and literally falling out of the sky - it won't be usable soon. Unfortunately the other satellite doesn't have footprint in Florida where we go for the winter - so soon, no Canadian content. If I can't get CANCON via streaming (lots of geofencing and VPN blocking involved) I may just quit RVing (in the winter).

Yes, I read books, watch bluray and stream movies, but that's not enough (maybe - it's a big decision).

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
cummins2014 wrote:
What no TV when camping ? First thing after getting setup , up goes the satellite dish , never leave home without. After a hard day fishing here in Montana , a good dinner , and a movie , or some series on Netflix. Yes I experience the best in camping plus TV .
True, but TV is Far from the #1 worry when setting up, I run up the old Batwing, No reception, the batwing comes back down. Last of that worry. If I Really want to watch something at night, we've got about 200 DVD's, and most times don't watch them either, watching the campfire is more relaxing.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund