Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

where to buy the best RV insurance

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
I checked Travelers my current co....they were 500.00 a yr
I also check Progressive they were 350.00
Should I check GoodSam or someone else ??
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE
14 REPLIES 14

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have 100k coverage added to my Farmers truck policy for my MobileSuites. It adds $264 every 6mo. They checked insuring it separately with Foremost the Farmers subsidiary and it came back more expensive.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
I notice that:

A: You didn't say if you were full or part time.

and

B: The people recommending the insurance companies they use also don't mention whether they are full or part time.

Lots of insurance companies that will insure an RV for a part-timer who also has his home and other stuff insured with them will NOT insure a full-timer who doesn't own a home anymore.

Also, there are 51 (counting DC) insurance commissions regulating what can and cannot be sold in their state. So just because someone from State XX says that they have insurance company Y and they're WONDERFUL doesn't mean that the same WONDERFUL policy will be available in NY.

cardtarget
Explorer
Explorer
I had/have progressive. We had a tire blowout and they were very easy to deal with getting reimbursed and things fixed. Definitely recommend.

72cougarxr7
Explorer
Explorer
Hi from a fellow northern NYer (Watertown).
When I was shopping for rv insurance a few years ago, I found Progressive seemed to have the best price for the coverage I wanted.
I have had them since and have no complaints, but I have not had to file a claim, so I can't speak to that end of the service.

doxiemom11
Explorer II
Explorer II
When comparing prices - there is no comparison. No two people are exactly alike. Where you live, full-time/part-time. Own a home or not, credit score, coverages selected, deductible selected, optional coverages added. Just looking at the prices some talk about here and the difference tells me they are not comparing apples to apples and are not getting the same coverages or deductibles they did have before they switched.

KPetrick
Explorer
Explorer
Please be aware that someone else's price is not going to be your price. The type of RV, driving record, state, limits, etc. all enter in to cost. You also want to make sure that you have RV coverage and don't just add it to your current auto. Things like personal property inside the RV, permanent attachments outside the RV and liability at the campsite are all things that should be on your RV policy. Don't accept a depreciated coverage or having them covered by your home policy (think two deductibles). At Good Sam Insurance Agency we will shop your policy with Safeco, National General, Foremost and Progressive. Keith Director of GSIA.

Merrykalia
Explorer
Explorer
I just got off the phone with GEICO and mine is $182 for 6 months, so $364 for the year. Our Travelers coverage (same exact coverage) was $893 per year. Needless to say, we changed. Our vehicle insurance went down over $400 per year. It pays to shop around.
2017 Ford F350 Crew Cab 6.7L 4x4 DRW

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
define `best'.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
luberhill wrote:
Thx,,,Miller doesn't do NY State

Huh. That's interesting. Their website says they do insurance all across the country. Thanks for the info.

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
I use RV America Insurance.
I had a unique situation for my TC... There were able to get me replacement value on a 2 year old (when purchased), pre-owned but never used camper.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

luberhill
Explorer
Explorer
Optimistic Paranoid wrote:
Get a price quote from Miller Insurance Agency. They specialize in RV insurance.

http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/

Before you call them, take a look at this site:

http://www.rv-dreams.com/rv-insurance-coverages.html

Thx,,,Miller doesn't do NY State
2013 Winnebago Sunstar 26HE

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
Get a price adding to your truck policy at the coverage you choose.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Optimistic_Para
Explorer
Explorer
Get a price quote from Miller Insurance Agency. They specialize in RV insurance.

http://www.millerrvinsurance.com/

Before you call them, take a look at this site:

http://www.rv-dreams.com/rv-insurance-coverages.html

jarata1
Explorer
Explorer
350 seems good to me