cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Why Is It That...

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
This forum can have a thread like "Diesel vs Gas" which has been active for almost 13 years with over 4500 posts, but as soon as someone asks a question about tires and a conversation begins... A moderator then closes it? Really?
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T
2015 Ford F350 DRW Platinum 6.7L
2010 Ford F250 Crew Cab 6.4L
26 REPLIES 26

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
4. or just about anywhere and get the 5am lot sweeper racket.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
2oldman wrote:
Depends on the subject. The technology of parking at Walmart doesn't change too often.

Don't try to over-simplify the complex Walmart situation:

1. You can park in the Walmart lot out by the main street with all that traffic racket.

or

2. You can park in the Walmart lot out back by where their delivery big rigs overnight with all that refrigeration unit racket.

or

3. You can park in the Walmart lot in a far corner where the young folks congregate with their cars to party and spin asphalt brodies into the wee hours.
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
ontheroadwithjake wrote:
Reading a bunch of dated information will not serve you well.
Depends on the subject. The technology of parking at Walmart doesn't change too often.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
Why is it that...

Everyone is so smart but no one can stay on topic for long...
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T

Martyn
Nomad
Nomad
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Martyn wrote:
Why Is It That...

....some people can't create a topic name that tells us what the topic is?? :R

A simple roll of cursor over topic title revealed the mystery

Well aware of that and, if the topic shown interests me, that is what I do. But I don't want to have to do that every time........:R
2020 Keystone Cougar Half-Ton 27SGS;
2019 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 6.4 Hemi BigHorn;
DEMCO Autoslide; 2 Honda EU2000i's;
Our Website

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Google's results are infinitely more relevant than what I get from the on site search. As for "5 million results"... nobody ever looks past page one, because that's where all the real results are. The rest is just random places your terms happen to show up.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
ontheroadwithjake wrote:

You have just made my point.

I can use "OK Google"....

At some point you had to learn to walk and later to drive. You just need to also learn how to use the search function. I read your post as saying that you are unwilling to expend the effort to learn.

Or, you can stick with Google and the 5 million results of your search. :B
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

ontheroadwithja
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
ontheroadwithjake wrote:
...the search engine of this site which I have used extensively despite my "newness" here is abominably bad....

I see this statement regularly but it is wrong. The search function here is great once you learn to use it. You must go into "Advanced Search" and set your own parameters. The results using the default parameters are far too limiting.

You have just made my point.

I can use "OK Google" on my phone for the most obscure and detailed information and get back precisely what I was looking for in 2 seconds or less BY VOICE COMMAND.

Then it should be obvious that the search engine in this site is far far far behind any other and almost never can find even GENERAL topics or Specific posts without resorting to the methods you describe. Which should NOT be necessary.

No I am sorry this search engine is not ready for prime time for sure.

RUFFSTUFF
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
Martyn wrote:
Why Is It That...

They will hate you for taking away a source of their misery...!
2014 KZ Inferno 3712T

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Martyn wrote:
Why Is It That...

Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

DryCreek
Explorer
Explorer
RUFFSTUFF wrote:
This forum can have a thread like "Diesel vs Gas" which has been active for almost 13 years with over 4500 posts, but as soon as someone asks a question about tires and a conversation begins... A moderator then closes it? Really?

Easy!
Because it only takes one post to remind the OP that Brand X tires are the only real option out there. Now that it's been said and done - will this thread also be closed?

Now, gas vs. diesel, we ALL know that there is only one CORRECT choice, right?

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
You can use Google to search this site by typing "site: rv.net" without the space or the quotes, then a space, then your search terms.

This works with every site.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
ontheroadwithjake wrote:
...the search engine of this site which I have used extensively despite my "newness" here is abominably bad....

I see this statement regularly but it is wrong. The search function here is great once you learn to use it. You must go into "Advanced Search" and set your own parameters. The results using the default parameters are far too limiting.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
time2roll wrote:
Anyone know the definition of insanity of doing the same thing over and over expecting different results?

That definition completely ignores the theories of Statistics and Chaos: All of us who have been around long enough have become aware of this truism ... "doing the same thing over and over is bound to eventually yield the results we want".

The above phenomenon is repeatedly demonstrated in these forums -> If the same question is asked enough times eventually all answers will surface.

Patience is all it takes. :B
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C