cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wireless Tow Lights

Will_Robinson
Explorer
Explorer
So wirelesstowlights.com is no longer in business. Does anyone know of any alternatives that may be good. I saw a couple on the market but all with bad reviews.
J & S
2013 Entegra Coach Anthem
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
10 REPLIES 10

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
Will_Robinson wrote:
I may not have a choice but to put the lights in the tail light housing of my toad. I didn't want to go that route and I don't want to spend $600.00 either. I will give them a call and see what's up. Thanks Again!

you do have a choice, in the interim, just get a $19.95 set of lights at harbor freight.
bumpy

Will_Robinson
Explorer
Explorer
Robert78121 wrote:
Will_Robinson wrote:
So wirelesstowlights.com is no longer in business. Does anyone know of any alternatives that may be good. I saw a couple on the market but all with bad reviews.

According to the tech that answered my question they're not "out of business" but rather back ordered. Time will tell I guess.

I will give them a call but I need something in the next two weeks. I may not have a choice but to put the lights in the tail light housing of my toad. I didn't want to go that route and I don't want to spend $600.00 either. I will give them a call and see what's up. Thanks Again!
J & S
2013 Entegra Coach Anthem
2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited

The_Texan
Explorer
Explorer
Call and place your order now, they are not out of business. I use them and am very satisfied with the product. Have a brand new set on the bench that I got about 3 months ago.

Bob & Betsy - USN Aviation Ret'd '78 & LEO Ret'd '03 & "Oath Keeper Forever"

2005 HR Endeavor 40PRQ, '11 Silverado LT, Ex Cab 6.2L NHT 4x4, w/2017 Rzr 4-900 riding in 16+' enclosed trailer in back.
Where the wheels are stopped today

Robert78121
Explorer
Explorer
Will_Robinson wrote:

According to the tech that answered my question they're not "out of business" but rather back ordered. Time will tell I guess.
Washington DC Area (NOVA)

Camper: 2004 Damon Daybreak 3285 WorkHorse 8.1
Toad: 1996 Jeep Cherokee XJ 4x4 - BlueOx
Toy: 2012 Ninja 650 - Versa Haul VH-SPORT-RO

Spent three years full time, so I know a little about it.

jimrose
Explorer
Explorer
I just call Wireless Tow Lights (800-687-4940) and they are still in business. They have made some design changes and wont have inventory for several months. I have used the lights for over 4yrs and have found them to be great. I use rechargeable batteries and they last 3 days before I recharge them. Also I have found the company to be very helpful if you have any concerns.
Jim ๐Ÿ™‚
01 38' Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP Cummins 330 HP ISC
04 Ford Explorer MG Brake System Wireless Lights

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
The webpage you've provided a link to says that they charge off of 12V DC, so it seems like it would be easy to set up a charge cable from the toad to the bar...

Saw that. However, whether or not you leave it on a charge cable, the battery will eventually wear out. When it does, depending on how its wired, the lights may well not work even with the charge line connected. At which point, you'd then have to replace the battery.

..And from the looks of their documentation, its a very specific battery, so you might have a hard time finding a replacement by the time that battery goes out.

Sooo, like I said, yet one more battery to have to maintain, worry about, etc.

...without transmitter they wouldn't be much good to a thief however...

..If you're referring to the wireless light bar, you're right, it wouldnt be much value to a thief without the transmitter. Of course, it'd take the thief all of an extra 5 seconds to pull the transmitter off the back of your MH where you have it hooked to the 4 flat connector.

'Tis a common joke I've seen in the past when this subject comes up: Folks will ask the one thinking about buying one, to let them know when, where he'll be camping, so they can take it off his hands and sell it for a fast buck. ๐Ÿ™‚

Will
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
$600??? Harbor freight has their for $14.99, oh but you gotta run a wire. without transmitter they wouldn't be much good to a thief however.
bumpy

Popsie
Explorer
Explorer
willald wrote:
..Don't know about reviews, but in addition to all the Amazon hits the previous poster provided, check these out:

Towmate wireless light bars

I've seriously considered these a couple times. Really would be nice to have one quick, easy solution for lights with any/all toad vehicles, without all the hassle of running wiring under car, splicing into taillights, etc for each toad. Can't beat the wireless lights in that sense.

However, the big problems I have with these wireless lights, are this:

1. Battery powered - Lights quit working if batteries run down (and one more battery to have to maintain). If they'd make one that would just work directly off 12V alone (no batteries) and I could run a cord from it into the trunk and power it that way, I'd like that much better.

2. $$, theft risk. Awful lot of $$ to have just sitting on the back of your car, easy to be stolen by anyone that knows what it is and how much $$ its worth.

3. Like any other light set or bar you mount on outside of car, it brings with it the risk of scratching paint.
The webpage you've provided a link to says that they charge off of 12V DC, so it seems like it would be easy to set up a charge cable from the toad to the bar.

willald
Explorer II
Explorer II
..Don't know about reviews, but in addition to all the Amazon hits the previous poster provided, check these out:

Towmate wireless light bars

I've seriously considered these a couple times. Really would be nice to have one quick, easy solution for lights with any/all toad vehicles, without all the hassle of running wiring under car, splicing into taillights, etc for each toad. Can't beat the wireless lights in that sense.

However, the big problems I have with these wireless lights, are this:

1. Battery powered - Lights quit working if batteries run down (and one more battery to have to maintain). If they'd make one that would just work directly off 12V alone (no batteries) and I could run a cord from it into the trunk and power it that way, I'd like that much better.

2. $$, theft risk. Awful lot of $$ to have just sitting on the back of your car, easy to be stolen by anyone that knows what it is and how much $$ its worth.

3. Like any other light set or bar you mount on outside of car, it brings with it the risk of scratching paint.
Will and Cheryl
2021 Newmar Baystar 3014 on F53 (7.3 V8) Chassis ("Brook")
2018 Jeep Wrangler JK ("Wilbur")

Corkey05
Explorer
Explorer
If it helps I got a HUGE hit on Amazon.

Clicky
2008 HR Endeavor PDQ - Ford Edge 4 Down
FMCA F374292