cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

wow...TPMS getting cheap!

RV_daytrader
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know how good they are, but I actually like the display. I already have a TireTracker that I paid a LOT more for!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Solar-Power-Wireless-TPMS-Tire-Pressure-With-LCD-Monitoring-System-4-Sensors-/201462339646
YODA...our lil Toyota!
1989 Toyota Seabreeze
10 REPLIES 10

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
eDUBz wrote:
This looks much better for only 15 bucks more. There is some good reviews too.

https://www.amazon.com/CARCHET-Pressure-Monitoring-Intelligent-External/dp/B012AEEYDM/ref=sr_1_26?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1466658343&sr=1-26-spons&keywords=Tpms+sensor&psc=1
One guy on the forum tried that brand from Amazon and was very unhappy with them, and last I heard he was sending them back.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Rick_Jay
Explorer II
Explorer II
Calkidd wrote:

Fill your tires with Nirtrogen and you won't have this issue.

Why not? I believe Nitrogen follows the Ideal Gas Law just like air...which is almost 80% nitrogen to begin with. Heat up a given amount contained in a constant volume and the pressure will rise.

~Rick
2005 Georgie Boy Cruise Master 3625 DS on a Workhorse W-22
Rick, Gail, 1 girl (27-Angel since 2008), 1 girl (22), 2 boys (23 & 20).
2001 Honda Odyssey, Demco Aluminator tow bar & tow plate, SMI Silent Partner brake controller.

eDUBz
Explorer
Explorer
This looks much better for only 15 bucks more. There is some good reviews too.

https://www.amazon.com/CARCHET-Pressure-Monitoring-Intelligent-External/dp/B012AEEYDM/ref=sr_1_26?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1466658343&sr=1-26-spons&keywords=Tpms+sensor&psc=1
LBZ - Stealth TH - RZR 900 4 - Honda 450X - Paddleboarder - Fisherman - Kayaker

Calkidd
Explorer
Explorer
Golfcart wrote:
RVhiker wrote:
And if the tire pressure you run is 65 PSI, it will go up to 75 PSI or so in the summer. So these sensors would not work very well for that application.

I just had to air down my tires, every year i forget about hot air expansion until i hit a bump going down the road and my truck shifts sideways lol
Fill your tires with Nirtrogen and you won't have this issue.

Gene_Ginny
Explorer
Explorer
Cheap AND inexpensive. :R
Gene and DW Ginny
[purple] 2008 Toyota 4Runner 4.7L V8 w/factory towing option
2002 Sunline Solaris Lite T2363[/purple]

Reese Dual Cam Straight Line HP Sway Control

Proud member of the Sunline Club

Golfcart
Explorer
Explorer
RVhiker wrote:
And if the tire pressure you run is 65 PSI, it will go up to 75 PSI or so in the summer. So these sensors would not work very well for that application.

I just had to air down my tires, every year i forget about hot air expansion until i hit a bump going down the road and my truck shifts sideways lol
2009 Sun Valley Road Runner 16ft
2010 Chevy Silverado 1500

RVhiker
Explorer
Explorer
There's lots of advice and information in forums...
sometimes it is correct.

2011 Jayco 28.5RLS; 2008 Chevy 2500HD Crew Cab; Duramax/Allison; Pullrite 14k Superglide Hitch

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
MAx65 PSI
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky

TPMS

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Well, you'd certainly have to hope their build quality is better than their language quality.

I certainly wouldn't expect much from such a system. I think I'd have to give it a pass, and wait for some other guinea pig with some bucks to spare.

I'm not necessarily fond of that old chestnut, but sometimes you really do get what you pay for.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"