cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

XM -SIRUS RADIO

beawrestler
Explorer
Explorer
Could I get a mobile XM or Sirus and put it on the Jensen Radio that is in my forest river product? is it compatable with my antenna that is attached to the radio.

thank you
13 REPLIES 13

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer
We have an XM boom box that we use an XM Xpress on. We have a car docking station mounted in the 5'er, that's where we run the XM thru the Jensen radio. The docking kit comes with the antenna and all hardware to hookup. We have used the same radio on our Goldwing, and our last TT. Nice thing about the XM boom box is we can take it outside where we're sitting and can listen to music at a low volume, rather than cranking up the TT speakers. We could be sitting 10-15' from the 5'er. It's all run thru the 5'ers 110V or when dry camping thru an inverter. I also mounted my XM antenna on the roof so it's always out. If it's blocked by tree's then I pull out the extra antenna and plug it in at the outside connection.

Nothing like Stone Blue sat 7-9pm PT.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/xm-dock-play-home-kit/9530199.p?id=1218119755828&skuId=9530199

minnow
Explorer
Explorer
Bmach wrote:
Why are you guys paying so much? Once my free subscription ran out I called them to pay for it and I talked them down to $25 for six months. Been paying that for years, I just have to remember to call them before the six months are up or they will bill me full price.

Same here. Just did the 6 month $25 renewal today as a matter of fact.

Bmach
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why are you guys paying so much? Once my free subscription ran out I called them to pay for it and I talked them down to $25 for six months. Been paying that for years, I just have to remember to call them before the six months are up or they will bill me full price.

neschultz
Explorer
Explorer
IF you are asking, if a XM antenna that is already mounted on your roof can be unplugged from the current XM tuner and plugged into your new portable XM radio, the answer should be yes. At least it worked for me, that's how I connected my portable in two cars and the RV.
Norman & Janet with Minnie the Weiner Dog
2005 SunnyBrook 38 BWQS 5th Wheel (stationary in FL for snowbirding)

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I use a sirius sportster 5, with its boom box.

Sunday night Deep Tracks: Pink Floyd 6pm to Midnight.
Pink Floyd, campfires, and zoning out............

the boombox is great since you do not usually have good cell service where you camp.

I also use the plug and play kit in the car.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

rambotheshark
Explorer
Explorer
For less than 200 bucks a year you can get the SiriusXM subscription for your car and that also lets you stream on the website and use the SiriusXM app on your smart phone (both which have on demand programing so you can listen to stuff you missed).

CT_WANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Sez Hoo! wrote:
RoyB wrote:
XM SIRIUS radio antennas are readily available and easy to install. Just needs to have a clear view of the sky. Mine quits when I go under a bridge on the Interstate. My subscription is around $24 a month and includes the TRAVEL package. I won't go anywhere without my WILLY NELSON ROADHOUSE haha

What do you mean travel package?

Optional package that give you more travel information and other information such as sport, weather, latest gas pricing for the area you are at.

mbopp
Explorer
Explorer
I have a portable XM ONYX radio we use in the truck when travelling and then it's transferred to the TT when we stop.
For the TT I added another 12V power outlet for the XM radio (saves the 12V TV outlet.) The XM antenna is snaked out between the slide seals when it's partially open and the puck itself sits on the slide roof. On out previous HTT I had a metal washer and sandwiched the awning between the antenna and washer to hold the antenna in place.
The Jensen in the TT has a mini jack but it's a 3-conductor plug for an iPod(?) w/ video. I picked up a plug & cable that has 3 RCA plugs on it at Target, and another cable w/ RCA connectors to a mini plug. If you go this route it's the "AUX 2" input on the Jensen.
The XM also has an option to use a wireless FM connection to feed the audio radio.
2017 Grand Design Imagine 2650RK
2019 F250 XLT Supercab
Just DW & me......

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
We use an XM "Onyx" radio that's easy to transfer from our coach to our extra car when we're at our cottage. Each vehicle has its own XM antenna, and when the radio is in the coach, it connects to our Sony sound system using an auxiliary input. When it's in the car, it broadcasts an FM signal that the car radio picks up. Switching between the two is completely automatic. Our toad has a factory XM equipped radio, and we have XM's $9.95/mo "Mostly Music" plan for both radios.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
RoyB wrote:
XM SIRIUS radio antennas are readily available and easy to install. Just needs to have a clear view of the sky. Mine quits when I go under a bridge on the Interstate. My subscription is around $24 a month and includes the TRAVEL package. I won't go anywhere without my WILLY NELSON ROADHOUSE haha

What do you mean travel package?
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
XM SIRIUS radio antennas are readily available and easy to install. Just needs to have a clear view of the sky. Mine quits when I go under a bridge on the Interstate. My subscription is around $24 a month and includes the TRAVEL package. I won't go anywhere without my WILLY NELSON ROADHOUSE haha...

XM SIRIUS Antennas
Mouse click on the antenna that catches your eye for source infomation

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I would think you need a different antenna. I have a few of the radios and have a mobile antenna that I can take with me. I have a mounted antenna at home that is t4 inches in diameter. I do not think it will work with a regular radio antenna but I am not sure.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
You need an XM antenna.